Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 Ford Fiesta S

I know it’s a smart choice to just go back and get an ST or an RS but I’m just gonna keep the S that I have and make it better any tips on what I should do I’m already gonna add a performance air intake but other then that and a new exhaust

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I know it’s a smart choice to just go back and get an ST or an RS but I’m just gonna keep the S that I have and make it better any tips on what I should do I’m already gonna add a performance air intake but other then that and a new exhaust
What engine is in it? Generally anything that lets the engine breathe better is a good plan. Is suspect if you have the n/a 1.6 that there isn’t a ton to be done to add power and would focus on suspension and chassis tuning.

I know it’s just for fun but a short Ram style intake on the base Fiesta (had a 2015 Titanium for years before my current ST) sounds better than it has any right to.

Have you done anything so far? Just good wheel and tire choice gets you plenty ability to push that thing to its limits. Indy 500‘s were as performance oriented as I needed to go.

They look good lowered, more flush fitment etc. They don’t really get fast but I was still having a blast.

No center caps installed for some reason, these looked really good but with 215x45 I was touching the fender lines a lot. Had to trim them in the rear especially. H&R super sports were fun but too low ultimately.
D35D1F91-9C03-43EF-9F79-E3F8BC21F520.jpeg

17x7 Sparco Assetto Gara’s in white. I was running pressures that were waaaaay to low by accident and eventually cracked these. Never rubbed, appreciated how light these were. Just more reference.

45A2BB4A-AF0D-487E-BAE8-B259A70EE54C.jpeg

OP
Slowsmoke247
Thread Starter #4
It’s a 1.6 these are the intakes 2 I’ve been looking at and not yet I’ve only had it for like 4 almost 5 months

What engine is in it? Generally anything that lets the engine breathe better is a good plan. Is suspect if you have the n/a 1.6 that there isn’t a ton to be done to add power and would focus on suspension and chassis tuning.

Attachments

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Either of those intakes would likely be fine, as would just about any other cold air or short ram intake depending on what you’re after. K&N, AEM, and the other big names are generally more expensive without offering more performance but they also tend to fit up easiest. Don’t know anything about the coil overs but if your suspension has the same mounting points as the ST, there’s a wealth of knowledge in the suspension section of the forums.

Dialcaliper

I'd be wary of cheap amazon/ebay "coilovers". Quality control is usually what suffers and the damping is unlikely to be consistent. Unless you're willing to spend >$1000 on a decent coilover setup, you're better off with a spring/damper setup.

Any strut/shock for an ST will bolt right up. Since you have a hatchback with similar weight distribution, you might even be able to simply bolt up a set of OE shocks/springs from a low miles ST. Ride height might not sit quite as low, since the ST with all the extra stuff is heavier, but it should be lower than a stock Fiesta.

For upgrades, Bilstein B6/B8 part numbers for the ST and non-ST are identical. Otherwise, any aftermarket ST suspension components should bolt right up fit, including anti-sway bars. You don't need to change the front since the base already has a big bar, but a rear sway bar is a good option, maybe one of the first things you should consider before changing shocks/springs.

The main differences in the Fiesta front hubs are that the ST is drilled for slightly more negative camber, and has an altered steering tie rod location to quicken the steering, but they are otherwise identical for suspension pickups. Caliper mounts are positioned for smaller discs on the base models. sadly ST front brakes won't bolt up.

Last edited:
OP
Slowsmoke247
Thread Starter #8
@Dialcaliper @dhminer
Found the same set in redline they might be legit but I’ll definitely go with the redline and I might as well get the redline air intake since k&n still has theirs out of stock and I’m gonna have to check out bilstein and AEM parts

Attachments

OP
Slowsmoke247
Thread Starter #9
This blue set is fire atm I work full time at a dog kennel so I don’t make nearly as much as should to be getting 1k parts rn I’m getting reliable good parts that will bring out better performance

Attachments

Dialcaliper

This blue set is fire atm I work full time at a dog kennel so I don’t make nearly as much as should to be getting 1k parts rn I’m getting reliable good parts that will bring out better performance
If you're dead set on adjustable ride height, more power to you, but just don't expect any better handling performance out of a cheap coilover kit than you'd find from a shock/spring setup

Cheap coilovers are notorious for two things - damping "adjustments" not doing what they say they do (sometimes nothing at all), and wearing out quickly/drifting from spec and/or leaking. Suspension is really one area that you get what you pay for, and if performance and reliability are what you're after, cheap coilovers are not it. Especially if reliability is a concern at all, non-adjustables are a much better choice, or dead simple, reliable shocks like OE/Koni/Bilstein.

For the most budget option, bang for the buck, I'd seriously look into getting a used set of ST springs/shocks or an shock/spring before I'd waste money on throwaway parts. Even something like the Megan EZ is a rebranded knockoff masquerading under a well known name, and is not up to the quality of their mainline products. There are plenty of people here with low miles stock suspension parts kicking around their garage.

OP
Slowsmoke247
Thread Starter #12
@Dialcaliper good shit I appreciate it in that case I’ll definitely look into more better suspension definitely glad I joined I would have wasted money when it would have been better to just invest on the better parts on the first place

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Found the same set on edge auto sports but might keep looking just in case this one isn’t legit
Those will definitely work. I prefer not to have adjustable ride height, but that’s just me. I’m lazy and want to just set and forget. I also don’t want to do the required cleaning of the threads on coil overs because again, I’m lazy.

OP
Slowsmoke247
Thread Starter #16
Nah I feel it @dhminer at first I was gonna choose some adjustable ones because they where nice made seemed affordable but @Dialcaliper had a more knowledge on the matter and pointed me in the right direction not gonna lie y’all’s feedback has been really helpful

Dialcaliper

Found this set but they are out out stock I have it so where it will notify me when they have move but I might have to keep looking just in case
The B14s are a pretty good option. Only tricky part is they are backordered from Bilstein everywhere and will take a while to get. The set I ordered in September is just now shipping early November. The price is basically the same everywhere unless you’re willing to risk a sketchy fly by night 3rd party vendor (not all of which are legit and have no customer service to speak of), So I’d recommend ordering from Whoosh (support your small vendors!). I seem to recall he does have the BC and ISC coilover sets in stock.

OP
Slowsmoke247
Thread Starter #18
@Dialcaliper yea I was having real trouble looking work good parts but @fiesti put me on to https://whooshmotorsports.com/ and I was able to find didn’t St suspension kits and much more I was hoping I could slap this into my car but I was told it wouldn’t fit and it would be to much for the transmission of course I couldn’t get it rn if I wanted I just was hoping it was compatible but IM not sure why it won’t I thought the difference was the ecoboost , turbo , and transmission @dhminer 68A72A87-7F26-4B4C-808F-FC2449206B7E.png AD6B2024-BBEF-4C2C-A41F-1F00CB1A2F39.png AD6B2024-BBEF-4C2C-A41F-1F00CB1A2F39.png AD6B2024-BBEF-4C2C-A41F-1F00CB1A2F39.png