Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

22 mpg?

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
My average has dropped about 3mpg lately. I think its a combo of a LSD and bad alignment (total of 1.1⁰ toe in)

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Check your air pressure. For the best mileage, I think they're supposed to be 39 front, 36 rear ... or higher. I lowered my pressures for a track day, forgot to re-inflate them, and my MPG was in the high 20s; after increasing the pressure, I'm not setting any records, but I'm back into the low 30s.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
O2 sensors are being recommended to be replaced by alot of manufacturers these days every 75k to 100k as just general maintenance due to the fact they get dirty and less responsive over the course of time....FYI.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Mattyzz

Reviving this thread as my MPG driving city mainly (School hasn't started yet so no freeway driving) has been somewhere in the 22s and 26s and as of last fill up with my own maths I got 19.6.
2014 FiST 55k Miles, it is a used one and I don't know what Ford dealer did/fixed when they got it. I'm tempted to go an grab the O2 Sensor as I don't know what the previous (3) owners did to it. I literally have a ford dealer down the street from me. I do have warranty that covers everything but body works and such. No AP... yet

Are the tires stock size? I have cold air intake, intercooler, and exhaust upgrades (2014, no tune, 27k miles, tire pressure around 45psi all around) with 215/45/17 tires (approx. 5-6% larger circumference) I am driving 90% city streets and getting 23.5 mpg a tank. Factor in the larger tire and that goes up to 24.6. I know that I hit about 32 mpg if I drive into L.A. and back.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Get a different tune....my Mountune MP215 gives me constant 32 city and 37 hwy with Non-ethanol 93. Both drop about 1.5 mpg with 10% ethanol. Getting good mileage requires discipline, keep your foot out of it when not needed and use 1-2-4-6 shifts when not performance driving. This will also reduce clutch usage by 33% in DD adding to it's life. It is more about the driver than the tune. The $$ saved on gas pays for the fun road trips to the mountains to turn Fifi loose! And saves tires, brakes and clutch. My OEM RE050A's and brakes lasted over 30K even with thousands of miles of very spirited driving. One of the many reasons I chose this car was the ability to do double duty of performance/economy with a FiST. I love this car!