Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2J-Racing Cowl Induction Intake

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I was satisfied with the noise reduction, but not with the heat soak after sitting all day in the hot sun. I've pulled the 2JR and it will be up for sale soon. Temps of 116F on start up, with it taking at least 15 minutes to lower to above ambient (99F) vs Mountune start up temps of 91, when the temp was 89F are a considerable difference. Both setups were covered in gold heat dissipating tape.

I was satisfied with the noise reduction, but not with the heat soak after sitting all day in the hot sun. I've pulled the 2JR and it will be up for sale soon. Temps of 116F on start up, with it taking at least 15 minutes to lower to above ambient (99F) vs Mountune start up temps of 91, when the temp was 89F are a considerable difference. Both setups were covered in gold heat dissipating tape.
Has anyone else experienced similar heat soaking issues with this intake? I'm waiting for a replacement upstream o2 sensor to arrive as when I swapped my downpipe out last weekend the threads were destroyed on the stock sensor. Once I have her back up and running Monday evening I will start watching my temps to see how they are, I really like my 2J intake and hope this isn't an issue with it but more of an effect of the noise reduction you put in place.

Has anyone else experienced similar heat soaking issues with this intake? I'm waiting for a replacement upstream o2 sensor to arrive as when I swapped my downpipe out last weekend the threads were destroyed on the stock sensor. Once I have her back up and running Monday evening I will start watching my temps to see how they are, I really like my 2J intake and hope this isn't an issue with it but more of an effect of the noise reduction you put in place.
I've seen similar effects: intake temps well above ambient after sitting outside in the parking lot at work. I'm actually not bothered by it for a couple reasons. First, intake temps do go down as you drive. This is also right when your intercooler is the coolest as well, so my charge temps have never been crazy. Second, for me, the temps are only half the battle. The other half is keeping the path from the intake to the turbo as short and direct as possible. 2J wins on that account no matter the temps.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I've seen similar effects: intake temps well above ambient after sitting outside in the parking lot at work. I'm actually not bothered by it for a couple reasons. First, intake temps do go down as you drive. This is also right when your intercooler is the coolest as well, so my charge temps have never been crazy. Second, for me, the temps are only half the battle. The other half is keeping the path from the intake to the turbo as short and direct as possible. 2J wins on that account no matter the temps.
I agree.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I pulled my baffle, and there was no difference in heat soak. The OEM, or Mountune (the only ones I've tried ) work better

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
My point is, there is very little cold air getting to the cowl from startup in the afternoon, so inlet temps stay higher, longer. I didn't try the 2JR with the DHM IC, only with the Mountune, and inlet temps started low and stayed low in the afternoon. In the early morning there was no difference between the ambient temp and the inlet temperature for either intake.

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #689
The difference here is simple. The 2JR Cowl Induction, works in a low pressure area.. as the car is driven the temps decline to ambient. The inverse is true of nearly every other intake that resides behind the radiator. They start off cool/ambient and build in heat as the car is driven, fans come on, etc.

Think of it like this.. when your car sits, the interior heats up beyond ambient. As you get in, open the windows and drive, the temps reach ambient. Same goes for the 2J intake. Once the cowl reaches ambient, it will stay there.

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #690
BTW, these will go back into production in about 2 weeks according to the schedule. We are currently out of stock

J2FoRS

Man it sucks coming to the FiST party late. Reading 69 pages of EVERY post of every vendor is exhausting. Considering getting this intake now for track use, and use my Mountune for DD due to the crazy noise in your guys vids. *adds somewhere to the middle of his mod list*

Your a tad too late or else I would of bought from you, are the crazy loud induction noises becoming too much?