Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2J-Racing Cowl Induction Intake

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

So question, I just got my intake today (boo-yah!) and my car is fully stock, nothing touched. Does the sound symposer takeaway the lovely sounds from the intake noises? And also I'm worried my engine won't keep in place causing it to hit the cam sensor and poping a fuse. I've heard things like that happening don't know if anyone else has had this problem with a stock rmm.

Thanks, sincerely newbie lol

Got mine installed yesterday. Took about 2 hours. Symposer should not take away any noises, but mine is unhooked. Trust me, It makes plenty of "noises". I do have the Cobb RMM. I would recommend you install one also. That said, there is a fair amount of room between the intake and the cam sensor.

So question, I just got my intake today (boo-yah!) and my car is fully stock, nothing touched. Does the sound symposer takeaway the lovely sounds from the intake noises? And also I'm worried my engine won't keep in place causing it to hit the cam sensor and poping a fuse. I've heard things like that happening don't know if anyone else has had this problem with a stock rmm.

Thanks, sincerely newbie lol
I ran mine with the stock RMM without issue.

I've been reading some negative things regarding the location in which this intake sits. Apparently somebody reported that this area had filled up with snow, which obviously poses a potential hazard. This conflicts with multiple reports that this is a high pressure area where no moisture enters. Cam anyone with experience verify that this intake is in fact an all-season intake, or would I have issues in the winter?

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I can't speak for snow getting in there, but some water/ mist does get in there. Not enough from what I've seen to soak it but definitely enough, IMO, to run a water resistant pre filter.

I can't speak for snow getting in there, but some water/ mist does get in there. Not enough from what I've seen to soak it but definitely enough, IMO, to run a water resistant pre filter.
Ty. I'll be passing on this intake.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I love the fact that intake is really just aimed at the hard core people who want to race their FiST and don't want to make any noise/placement compromises.
I can vouch for the fact I've driven the car in monsoon rains with the intake and opened up the cowl after driving to find the filter just damp so no water concerns in so cal. I bought my intake on the pre order and I'm still rocking it till this day. IMHO this is by far the most functional intake for the Fiesta st if not the only one, and it's the cheapest. Definite win win in my book.

Besides the turbine living behind my dash brings me smiles everyday when combined with my Turbosmart bov.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I've been reading some negative things regarding the location in which this intake sits. Apparently somebody reported that this area had filled up with snow, which obviously poses a potential hazard. This conflicts with multiple reports that this is a high pressure area where no moisture enters. Cam anyone with experience verify that this intake is in fact an all-season intake, or would I have issues in the winter?
I don't have a 2j intake, but I live in a relatively close part of the US to you (nj)

I would use the 2j as a spring/summer/track day intake only. We can get hit with some big snow storms/week straight rain showers in our area and wouldn't risk it.. Just my .02

I don't have a 2j intake, but I live in a relatively close part of the US to you (nj)

I would use the 2j as a spring/summer/track day intake only. We can get hit with some big snow storms/week straight rain showers in our area and wouldn't risk it.. Just my .02
Originally the talk was that nothing would get in this area. But after I learned that people ended up with snow packed in there, my thought process was the same. If snow can "pack" itself in there, then torrential rain can get in there. Just too risky.

"This is mostly for racing purposes"

Quoted from the first page. That said, I installed one on my car. Live in a area that gets four seasons, and I am not at all worried. That said, my FiST is not my primary driver, and it lives in a garage. If i had to park outside during the winter season, I would have gone a differnt route.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
"This is mostly for racing purposes"

Quoted from the first page. That said, I installed one on my car. Live in a area that gets four seasons, and I am not at all worried. That said, my FiST is not my primary driver, and it lives in a garage. If i had to park outside during the winter season, I would have gone a differnt route.
Exactly

chi

Too late, just made the purchase.

"Yes we do have them in-stock and we can get it shipped out to you today." -Brock@2j

chi

Hey guys,

I'm in the middle of installing this intake but can't seem to get the windshield wipers off. The rubber and nuts came off without issue. Is here a trick to it or do I just yank/pry them until they come loose?

Hey guys,

I'm in the middle of installing this intake but can't seem to get the windshield wipers off. The rubber and nuts came off without issue. Is here a trick to it or do I just yank/pry them until they come loose?
They can be tricky, especially the first time. What you have to do is seesaw the piece of the blade that attaches to the bolt. Do that 5-10 times and it should work free.

chi

Thanks for the suggestions, before I saw them I remembered I have a small mallet. A few whacks later and they loosened up. Hopefully I didn't damage anything.

Thanks for the suggestions, before I saw them I remembered I have a small mallet. A few whacks later and they loosened up. Hopefully I didn't damage anything.
Yeah, the old Jeremy Clarkson technique. That works too.