Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

300whp Methanol-Injected BT Fiesta ST Review

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
"Even with a long list of aftermarket parts, this big turbo Fiesta is still a blast to drive in the canyons."

Oct 31, 2016 - R&T and TheSmokingTire

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...d-methanol-injection-has-over-300-horsepower/

1477926724-fiesta1.jpg

Out of the box, the Ford Fiesta ST is quite the fantastic package. Its light weight and peppy nature make it one of the best hot hatches on the market. However, this owner didn't think 197 ponies was enough for his Fiesta, so he slapped on a big turbo and methanol injection, and it now makes an outrageous 300 horsepower to the front wheels.

Matt Farah of The Smoking Tire got the chance to take this heavily customized Fiesta ST on a spirited trip through the canyons in his latest One Take. The laundry list of aftermarket modifications include H&R springs, chassis bracing, a larger intercooler, and a host of engine mods, enough to propel the little hatch to a 12.9-second quarter mile time.

But despite the 50 percent increase in power, Farah discovers the car doesn't really hamper the pure Fiesta driving experience. It's still a joy to throw around corners?just with a lot more speed.

[HR][/HR]
300 WHP Big Turbo Ford Fiesta ST - One Take (Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXFmDtf42Sw

[video=youtube;zXFmDtf42Sw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXFmDtf42Sw[/video]

Published on Oct 31, 2016 - TheSmokingTire

We have lots of experience with bolt-on parts for the Fiesta ST after our COBB-Tuned long-termer, but this is a horse of a different turbo. This Fiesta ST has an upgraded turbocharger, and a massive list of aftermarket engine and power adding parts resulting in an almost unbelievable 300 horsepower at the wheels. It's an absolute riot to rip through a canyon.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Funny I was wondering when Matt was going to drive another FiST with turbo mods. Wonder no more.

DvC

Great video. Was wondering if a bt would ruin the experience. Cool car

grnmachine02

I watched a YouTube video of someone that had the 2j intake. It seemed to be making noise alllllllll of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
He's running federals they said so in the video.

Did I also hear correctly when he said he's gone through 3 transmissions?

Glad someone mentioned the elephant in the room!

So... doubling the power output results in the transmission not enjoying it? What is the route cause for failure on the transmissions?

grnmachine02

There's probably some other circumstances around the transmission failures. I suspect a good deal of launches, and flat foot shifting. That being said, having a transmission fail after doubling the power it was made to support really shouldn't be a huge surprise.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
He's running federals they said so in the video.

Did I also hear correctly when he said he's gone through 3 transmissions?
Glad someone mentioned the elephant in the room!

So... doubling the power output results in the transmission not enjoying it? What is the route cause for failure on the transmissions?
That is correct it's on its third transmission. The first gear box ate it's second gear synchro at about 18,000 miles and the second one at the selector shaft and in turn destroyed 2nd gear synchros again. I don't shift like a gorilla but I do power shift a lot. So I blame that for my issues. I can swap the transmission in about 3 hours these days lol.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I watched a YouTube video of someone that had the 2j intake. It seemed to be making noise alllllllll of the time.

I made a video of driving with the 2J intake. If you do not add sound deadening to the cowl, the intake will drive you mad. I bought sound deadening from raamaudio and it is now a night and day difference. Totally livable now

jeff

2000 Post Club
Great car man! What a milestone and pat on the back from the man Mr. Farah himself. He pretty much said the Fiesta was the better drivers car than the Focus RS. Go get a steak and your favorite beer, you deserve it.

Also love the comments about choice of hobbies in the comments section - spot on.

Props to [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION] mentioned at 11:57!

rexdriver85

This is REALLY awesome to see. Was waiting for Matt to do another FiST, he just loves the damn thing.

Great job representing dude!