Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

300whp Methanol-Injected BT Fiesta ST Review

Been waiting for them to upload the video haha. It came out great, good work putting this thing together and thanks for the shout out in the video for tuning this rig!

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Glad someone mentioned the elephant in the room!

So... doubling the power output results in the transmission not enjoying it? What is the route cause for failure on the transmissions?
Just came to say no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Just came to say no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well thanks for your input on my car. I just came to reply to you.

The cause of my trans issues is stated above for everyone else.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Well thanks for your input on my car. I just came to reply to you.

The cause of my trans issues is stated above for everyone else.

You're welcome. Good thing I was just answering a general question someone had, and nothing specific about your car.

Loved watching this thing! While I likely wouldn't go bt on one, it sure does make me think hard about getting into another FiST!

That would be my car. Matt and I had a blast.

What methanol injection kit are you running and did you have to upgrade the injectors? I'm fbo bt fiesta and am looking for more power and want to go meth.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What methanol injection kit are you running and did you have to upgrade the injectors? I'm fbo bt fiesta and am looking for more power and want to go meth.
The injectors are not upgraded.....Perfblue15 ended up parting his FiST out and getting into Mustang. The way to go is Aux. whether it be Single port/TBI injection by Stratified OR Port injection by Stratified or Peron. Kits are $800-$1400. [party]

P.S. I now have Perfblue15s Stratified Port injection Kit Awaiting install! [ridinghorse]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I Wouldn't see why not....If I t was me id pony up more dollar and get a Aux. fuel kit. What are the chances that you run out of Fuel vs. Methanol when driving?...like None..... What about when you go to throttle it.....and the Methanol system malfunctions? I've dealt with them in the Past.....can be a good and bad thing. But do as you wish......its your car.[rockon]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What wou you recommend? I'm was trying to see if I needed injectors or not, do I need injector/fuel nozzles for the meth?
Are you talking about the stratified x4tra system?
http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=723
Well they both have advantages & disadvantages....The TBI injection is cheaper and little easier to install with little to no modding.....But it sprays in though the throttle body and may not disperse evenly as some say into the engine. The Aux. fuel 4 port injection is more difficult to install...requires modding to and ear of the intake and from what I've gathered also the Alternator bolt holes so that that they go in easier and you don't have to leave any mounting bolts out due to not being able to thread them.[clap]

On the first link I sent you have an option to have a solenoid that mounts past the throttle body.

And just to double check, you said I won't need fuel/injector nozzles for the aux kit?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
And just to double check, you said I won't need fuel/injector nozzles for the aux kit?
Nope...the 50lb injectors will do just fine as the 95lb injectors are for 475hp+ good luck without a BUILT engine there! [strongman]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Last edited: