Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

300WHP on stock intake with GT2860R?

I installed a GT2860R yesterday and I'd like to keep the intake as stock as possible. With maybe just a drop-in filter, will the stock intake support the 300WHP ballpark without the intake coupler collapsing or the airbox just simply being too restrictive? thanks

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I installed a GT2860R yesterday and I'd like to keep the intake as stock as possible. With maybe just a drop-in filter, will the stock intake support the 300WHP ballpark without the intake coupler collapsing or the airbox just simply being too restrictive? thanks
Yes the stock intake will be fine....do you think this is a military hovercraft that generates that much vacuum force to suck the intake closed? No....no it is not. Again... It will be just fine running a stock intake with a panel filter. I run a panel filter and a Ramair intake hose with a gen2....its fine. The only way it could collapse is if the air filter was way way to dirty and clogged with leaves....a shrubbery of some sort and possibly a cat from the dead cat hole that crawled in to stay warm on a cold night.Roll it....see how it does!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Spork1569

I think stock would be fine as many people say the stock airbox is actually pretty well designed and not really a point of restriction when it comes to making power.

A good stock look alike option if you do want to upgrade would be the ST200 airbox, looks basically the same from above(same design as the stock airbox) but it has a cold air feed hose that routes under the headlight as well as the stock snorkel.

That's what I have planned in terms of intake mods due to the fact that I have a 2016 and don't wanna deal with the evap hose change needed to run an actual intake.