Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

^^I use the Meg's Gold Class wash as well. [thumb]
It's a great wash soap, however from what I've read, it's got a pH level of around 8 making it alkaline, so I can't use it on the car since I have it ceramic coated. I actually only use it on my wheels for now, since they haven't been ceramic coated yet.

I've got a bunch of pH neutral car care products on order from Adam's Polishes that should be delivered today, which means I can take all of my car wash products with me on this road trip! :geek:(y)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I cannot be bothered, nor do I have the facility for (i.e.; shadowed working area/time with no sunshine on the car) doing all of the multi-step, extensive prep work needed to do an SiO2 coating, so I just Collinite 845 it every time I wash it. [wink]

Last edited:

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
It's a great wash soap, however from what I've read, it's got a pH level of around 8 making it alkaline, so I can't use it on the car since I have it ceramic coated. I actually only use it on my wheels for now, since they haven't been ceramic coated yet.

I've got a bunch of pH neutral car care products on order from Adam's Polishes that should be delivered today, which means I can take all of my car wash products with me on this road trip! :geek:(y)
I had carpro ceramic coating done by a place that built its biz around those products. They recommended Reset as a wash for ceramic coatings. They gave me a bottle to try out and I have to say it really does return the coating to the way it looked when I picked it up the first time.

Gave the entire car a once over mechanically and a good cleaning in preparation for a 2,100 mile road trip that starts this Friday from Arizona to Virginia to visit Family and Friends.

I can usually make it from Prescott, AZ to Little Rock, AR in about 16.5hrs before needing sleep, and generally it's another 12hrs to Virginia from there.

I'm really looking forward to getting this car out on the open road, a playlist full of great tunes and getting to see the tail end of Spring time in VA. :)

View attachment 40934
View attachment 40935
Where in VA you heading to? I live out here, but heading to Florida in the morning for 5 days

Not on the car yet. But a little closer
View attachment 40956
Nice. I just tried to order the Konig Hypergrams from two different sites. Back order. I tried ordering the Rota Titans before that. Also on back order.

I’ve never had such a difficult time ordering whees for a car! :banghead:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I graduated from Staunton River High School in Bedford county. :p
Small world! I'm originally from Virginia Beach, but have also lived in Richmond and Bedford for 2.5yrs! I'm not sure there is a back road that I haven't driven in Bedford County! The view out of my front door was of Sharp Top Mountain! What a wonderful place at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains! :love:(y)

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Small world! I'm originally from Virginia Beach, but have also lived in Richmond and Bedford for 2.5yrs! I'm not sure there is a back road that I haven't driven in Bedford County! The view out of my front door was of Sharp Top Mountain! What a wonderful place at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains! :love:(y)
A very small world. I used to play bonzini foosball tournaments in Staunton and VA Bch. I also lived in Virginia Beach (Kempsville) from 88 to 98. And I was stationed at Dam Neck for C School in 1983 and returned for shore duty 88-91

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Business6

It was hot enough today to convince me that, with my 25 mile trip to work, it's time to get the mountune radiator. Between last week and this week there's been a significant jump in coolant/oil temps (~ 30º) at 75mph with cruise control on and AC off. It's going to get around 20º warmer at the peak of summer so the road temps will be much higher over the next 10 weeks or so.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Finally done. Still need to clean everything up and I owe M-sport a pic with the smaller exposed lug OZ cap.

Custom shop added another hanger to hold the Thermal. He said it was flopping around too much. I will say he got the fitment very well done. It's using whoosh poly hangars.

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Custom shop added another hanger to hold the Thermal. He said it was flopping around too much. I will say he got the fitment very well done.
Which shop?

Did they use ALL 304, or 18/8 stainless for the hanger, and did they use stainless weld as well?

The only shop I trust, and go out of my way to get to (but I do not have to go too far, thankfully) is Mufflex in Hamilton Township (Trenton), N.J.
They work extensively, almost exclusively in 304 stainless tubing exhaust.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Which shop?

Did they use ALL 304, or 18/8 stainless for the hanger, and did they use stainless weld as well?

The only shop I trust, and go out of my way to get to (but I do not have to go too far, thankfully) is Mufflex in Hamilton Township (Trenton), N.J.
They work extensively, almost exclusively in 304 stainless tubing exhaust.
It's called DC Customs in Warminster. He explained to me he used the proper weld TIG/MIG and said something about using the proper method and material so not to be susceptible to rust. He explained while he showed me a bad weld on the exhaust that came off. They had removed the resonator, welded in a nice piece of stainless but the weld on it was done improperly and rusted up and had a small hole in it.