Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Man, gotta say the four point brace I installed feels really nice. Front end feels tighter and the traction is there all the time now. A++++++ Would buy again!
Good to know, I have a bunch of braces on the shelf but I've been putting off install.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Man, gotta say the four point brace I installed feels really nice. Front end feels tighter and the traction is there all the time now. A++++++ Would buy again!
Would you say its an improvement over a 2 pt brace? Not sure if you upgraded to the 4 pt from a 2 pt or not.

Would expect the 4 pt to do better just wondering if upgrading myself at this point would be worth it. (dont track myself)

Changed out my Transmission fluids for 2 liters of Ravenol, not too much of a difference when combined with my whoosh short shifter and brackets/bushings but gives me peace of mind that there's 2L of fresh fluid in there.
Also installed the whoosh symposer delete, I heard that you need to do that when going aftermarket exhaust and I agree, you have less noises to compete with the exhaust and the engine does sound more natural under WOT.
Changed oil and rotated tires, I really should be bleeding my brakes in preparation for autocross this weekend but that was enough for one day's work.

Finally received my car's build number plaques from Bernhard in Austria! [twothumb]

I ordered them on 7/27 and they just arrived today!

My car was built 3/2019, and if I remember correctly, production of FiST's stopped in 5/2019.

It's likely safe to say there are fewer than 10K FiST's that made it into the US. Not exactly rare, but in the next few years, I would imagine they will be a bit difficult to find in nice original shape with lower miles!
IMG_6960.JPG

Bernhard's contact info is below in the letter that he sent accompanying the plaques if you find yourself interested in plaques for your car. (y)
IMG_6962.JPG

Last edited:

haste

1000 Post Club
Would you say its an improvement over a 2 pt brace? Not sure if you upgraded to the 4 pt from a 2 pt or not.

Would expect the 4 pt to do better just wondering if upgrading myself at this point would be worth it. (dont track myself)
This is the first brace I've ever installed on the car. Sorry, but I can't really compare it to the two point brace.

SPhilli911

Finally received my car's build number plaques from Bernhard in Austria! [twothumb]

I ordered them on 7/27 and it just arrived today!

My car was built 3/2019, and if I remember correctly, production of FiST's stopped in 5/2019.

It's likely safe to say there are fewer than 10K FiST's that made it into the US. Not exactly rare, but in the next few years, I would imagine they will be a bit difficult to find in nice original shape with lower miles!
View attachment 43013

Bernhard's contact info is below in the letter that he sent accompanying the plaques if you find yourself interested in plaques for your car. (y)
View attachment 43014
Very cool! I just emailed boerniRS a few min ago, because I ordered one about the same time as you and just now remembered I did that. I haven't seen mine in the mail yet, but really excited to see what number I get.
Edit: Mine was sent to the wrong address :(

Last edited:

anticon

I ordered them on 7/27 and it just arrived today!

View attachment 43013

View attachment 43014
I got mine today too!

Attachments

haste

1000 Post Club
Got an alignment. Wish I had gone further with the front camber but didn't feel like pulling everything back apart.

Pretty much every component on the suspension has been replaced hence the needed alignment.
I do wonder why my right rear is an extra .3 degrees more negative camber. I am VERY pleased to see my rear toe where it's at considering I had the entire rear axle off the car.

I bought the lifetime alignment so I'll adjust the front camber at some point and have them check the toe again.

IMG_20210823_170524364.jpg

I had a lifetime alignment on my old Acura it paid for itself many times over. I owned that car for 10 years and probably had at least 10 alignments due to all the wheel,tire and suspension changes.

Today I had my exhaust tips extended slightly. I like my stock exhaust with resonator delete but the tips were bothering me. I don’t know how to weld so I just had a local exhaust shop do it. Happy with how it turned out.

2A4D7AFD-023B-46BD-AAA5-0CA41A41392D.jpeg
AB0561D7-B17A-4068-AEC0-49799FF2D493.jpeg
EB103123-9D8D-418A-A5E5-89CDD2C0CDC3.jpeg

Got my cover from redlinegoods.
My excitement for it has been overshadowed by the amount of time and patience that went into installing. especially without instructions. (12 friggin hrs)

I didnt go a great job, but good enough for my first time threading/sewing anything in my life.

i like it, but ill just save up for an actual wheel
Also wrapped the silver trim in high piano gloss
6237B826-136D-49D0-8B34-5744A1ED4646.jpeg

7DB6E7E1-CDEF-46EE-8B95-72B690652F45.jpeg

the biggest issue i had was that they included pads that youre “supposed” to wrap the cover over. if so, you’d need to rip out the oem cover or the entire thing would have been too thick for the cover. Turns out i didnt need to and could have salvaged the oem cover and wrapped over that instead.
The paddings were also cut all weird and i had to do some fabricating myself.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Got my cover from redlinegoods.
My excitement for it has been overshadowed by the amount of time and patience that went into installing. especially without instructions. (12 friggin hrs)

I didnt go a great job, but good enough for my first time threading/sewing anything in my life.

i like it, but ill just save up for an actual wheel
Also wrapped the silver trim in high piano gloss
View attachment 43043
View attachment 43045

the biggest issue i had was that they included pads that youre “supposed” to wrap the cover over. if so, you’d need to rip out the oem cover or the entire thing would have been too thick for the cover. Turns out i didnt need to and could have salvaged the oem cover and wrapped over that instead.
The paddings were also cut all weird and i had to do some fabricating myself.
Yeah, I would NEVER have the patience, and finger strength, at my age to do that.

I will live with the factory wheel and cover until I take my (insurance, no airbag) chances with a Sparco or Personal suede/alcantara aftermarket racing wheel.

Yeah, I would NEVER have the patience, and finger strength, at my age to do that.

I will live with the factory wheel and cover until I take my (insurance, no airbag) chances with a Sparco or Personal suede/alcantara aftermarket racing wheel.
fingers definitely feeling the afterburn. I was frustrated towards the beginning but found peace within the 12hrs. Cant rush art.
i like the factory wheel which is why i kept it and went with a cover, i feel dumb for ripping the skin apart when i didnt need to for this cover just so i can install their wonky "pads" :cautious:

by now ive learned that modding isnt always going to be 100%

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
fingers definitely feeling the afterburn. I was frustrated towards the beginning but found peace within the 12hrs. Cant rush art.
i like the factory wheel which is why i kept it and went with a cover, i feel dumb for ripping the skin apart when i didnt need to for this cover just so i can install their wonky "pads" :cautious:

by now ive learned that modding isnt always going to be 100%
I count on small set backs with just about anything I do to cars lol

Magnetic

I cant comment on the 2 or 4PT brace but I have the 6PT Brace. And i'm sure with every 2 PT's they add it probably adds overall rigidity. I used to ride over bad parts of the road and the whole car would shimmy and rattle to where I could head the dashboard shaking. This brace FIXED that on a level I didn't expect. The car is much quieter on the road then it ever was. I have super bald Fiehawk Indy 500's (Garbage tire) and it would be sliding around when I was taking a turn. When I would jam my foot on the throttle is would just spin the tire endlessly. After putting on the brace I have traction again and it grips really good. Keep in mind I have the same tires on the car. Aaaaaand it takes turns like it did when the tired wear almost new. I can only imagine how the car will feel when I put on coilovers and good tires.

DEF WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Went to TrackNight at Thunderhill on new tires and brake pads. Hankook RS4s handled really well, and I already know they're going to last a lot longer the the Bridgestone RE71s that they replaced, so I'm very happy. Mountune Track pads (which may be OrangeStuff based on previous conversations with Mountune, but not sure since they may have flipped them again since our last conversation) were superb -- no fade at all, and it was ~98 degrees. This was also my first track session with the cp-e passenger side motor mount, and this may be my imagination, but the car seemed more composed. I haven't seen my lap times yet, but it felt like I was faster ... TBD