Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Trouble starting once warm..

Hi all, iv had my ST for around 12months now and iv always had this problem.

I start my car in the morning it kicks in perfectly, but if i was to call the shop and get back in
My car it wont start up right away, i have to rev it in to start it. If its left standing for an hour so
it will start up no problem, but if i try to start it up right after using it it needs to be reved in for
some reason.

Iv spoke to a few people as to be honest i know next to nothing about cars just enjoy driving them!
Iv been told things like clean your air filter & throttle body.
Is that what you guys suggest or do you see any other possibilities?

Thanks for your time.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Try replacing the o2 sensor..thinking it might be stuck in a loop.

I would look into an o2 sensor like rooster said and also try replacing the coolant temp sensor (they're pretty cheap)and checking for leaky fuel injectors. If the battery is old it may be overheating as well, even if it's cold outside.

MOFiST

On my old Clio I had issues starting it and turned out to be the TDC sensor was caked it carbon. The reality is it could be quite a few things. Take a video maybe.

OP
JackoPVFC
Thread Starter #8
Appreciate the replys guys! Ill look into the o2 sensor.

Sorry the car is a Ford Fiesta ST 06 Plate

hot restart problems are usually a crank position sensor or fuel pump (in my experience with German cars, at least)