Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

4th gear sit down

So tonight I was cruisin down the road and I had a spot where I could really open it up. I left the light and ran first second and third out to the top and when I hit fourth gear the car like sat on its face and some codes flashed in the dash with the little wrench lit up. As soon as this happend I put the car in neutral and noticed it idoling at about 400rpm very rough. I pulled to the shoulder and tried to read the code with the accessport and it was saying no code availabe. I then turned the car off. On the restart everything seemed normal and the codes reset without my doing so I ran the gears again and everything was fine. This would be the second time this has happen to me and I'm wondering what would cause this??

CanadianST

Sounds like you're putting the car into limp mode, not 100% sure why it would be triggering it as i'm not the best with electronics and the like but someone else might chime in. Could always bring it to the dealer to get it checked out, as you've probably already guessed it shouldn't be doing that lol

Mine did the same but i was cruising at about 70 mph and it went into limp mode. Came to conclusion it was most likely bad gas.