Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

5 Year Challenge "Fiesta ST Style"

SrsBsns

5 years ago...

And now

Looks like there are a few of us that came over from the E36 M3 world.

I still have the E36, but the motor is blown. I've had it sitting for about 2 years now, trying to figure out if I want to go LSx, 2JZ, S54, or just replace the S50.

SrsBsns

I too had a Miata for 5 years, and the next car was the FiST.
They are surprisingly very similar (relatively). If the FiST were rwd it’d basically be a taller Miata imo.
That's kind of what I was thinking. I know the FiST is bigger and heavier, but they're both very connected feeling. I've never owned a Miata, but I was just wondering why someone would own both at the same time since I pretty much lump them into the same class.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I know the FiST is bigger and heavier, but they're both very connected feeling. I've never owned a Miata, but I was just wondering why someone would own both at the same time since I pretty much lump them into the same class.
The Miata - with it’s rwd, 50/50 weight spread, and lower profile - is a tad more of a refined drive imo. You’re right: definitely same class; but there are some things the Miata is just a little better at. Getting in and out is not one of them 😂

Granted I’m biased in favor of rwd but if the FiST was rwd it would edge out as being the better car. As is there are trade offs.

The Miata - with it’s rwd, 50/50 weight spread, and lower profile - is a tad more of a refined drive imo. You’re right: definitely same class; but there are some things the Miata is just a little better at. Getting in and out is not one of them 😂

Granted I’m biased in favor of rwd but if the FiST was rwd it would edge out as being the better car. As is there are trade offs.
And if the Fiesta can take the top down lol.

Stock vs stock the Miata is too softly sprung comparing to the Fiesta ST.
Very true! I am comparing my own experiences, in which case I installed adjustable coilovers and a front strut brace on my 95 miata.
I really love the FiST stock suspension. I may look into a brace one day to dial the body roll in a little bit, but I won’t change the suspension until something goes.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
My former '87 Olds Cutlass Ciera with period correct, NY "Liberty" plates:
2016-01-24 16.56.25.jpg
2015-09-26 14.39.09.jpg
She had the sfi "high output" 3.8 (same as the Grand National, but no turbo) V6 engine, a rare option in the A-body. I deleted the cat and had a flowmaster installed; made a nice throaty rumble at idle. Not a lot of HP on paper, but gobs of torque. A great car for light to light city driving. I tend to get bored quick (owned 40+ cars), but the "Cutty" was one of the few I held onto for quite some time, refusing to let go.

The FiST has also earned that status, as I don't see selling her anytime soon. Best car I've ever owned for sure! In fact, I am tempted to buy another one for safekeeping. Of course, the wife will divorce me if I do something that stupid.

Here's my FiST the day I bought her:
2018-08-28 15.59.15.jpg
2018-08-28 16.00.11.jpg
2018-08-28 16.02.04.jpg

V_2

I know I'm not the only one that switched from a Sentra....Mine was built high comp n/a with lumpy-ass cams, 100+ dB exhaust and was a terribly impractical daily driver - worst decision I ever made. But boy was it fun.

20150918_090413-1-1.jpg

My FiST is currently undergoing reconstructive surgery due to some parking lot antics, so let's throw it back about a year.

rps20170611_163213.jpg

cxwrench

Had a '00 Ranger XLT before the ST. Seems this is the only photo I have of it, which is fine cuz it was pretty boring.

The day I brought the ST home, July 15 '14.

What it's looking like now just shy of 5 years w/ me.

Last edited: