Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

5 Year Challenge "Fiesta ST Style"

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
5 Years ago, I DD'd my 06 350Z (FBO150 shot, drove it to work today), and I ended up buying my gf's NA in the background. She got a Protege5. Strangely enough, I also bought a Protege5 afterwards.
View attachment 21666
DD the FBOE30, gutted FiST almost every day now.
View attachment 21667
My friend just bought a sweet nb, he can't stop raving about it. Awesome car, but still prefer the FiST. Boost is addictive

2017 Magnetic FiST w/Recaros

My friend just bought a sweet nb, he can't stop raving about it. Awesome car, but still prefer the FiST. Boost is addictive

Couldn't agree more. I've had some fun cars (WRX, B13 Se-R, NA, etc), but nothing brought more smiles than the FiST.

YOU.ARE.AWESOME

Well, at least dailying a 50+ year old car was pretty awesome, the VW was so simple to fix that it gave the illusion of reliability! Broke down a couple times in the 10 years it was my main ride but never was stranded, everything you needed to fix it fit in a small toolbox. If it weren't for the constant fear of being run over by someone in a giant SUV playing with their phone I might still be driving it. Last straw was someone in a new Silverado running a red light and missing me by a couple feet (don't think they ever even noticed that they had gone through a red... eyes were firmly focused on their crotch), started test-driving cars that weekend. As much fun as the VW was, now that I've gotten a taste of the FiST I don't think I could go back.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Now 20.jpg

Then
20160125_180604.jpg

Life and circumstances meant getting rid of my bought-brand-new 2015 FiST in February of 2019 with only 22k miles on it. The guy who bought it from the dealer that I sold it to has been in contact with me. Fast forward to last month where circumstances yet again changed and I found a 2014 with about 50k (72k) more miles than my old one but a very clean Carfax. No accidents and nothing but Ford dealer services every 6k from each of the two previous owners. It was well cared for, super clean, and the color I wanted with no sunroof which was my preference. I lost my Recaros in the change but am finding the stock seats aren't too bad. I also got the Rado wheels on the new one and the red calipers. I'm not a fan of the Rados but I like the painted calipers. It drives exactly like my old one, which was to be expected. With the addition mileage I thought I may have more squeaks or rattles but it's a solid car with no issues. I can't tell you how happy I am to be back in a Fiesta ST. Driving it home the 220 miles from the dealer reminded me what a drivers car it is and how hard-wired into the driving experience you are with this car, something that not many car provide at any price point. I am a former Road Test Editor for Motor Trend magazine and throughout my illustrious career have tested everything from Bugatti Veyron's to Kia Rio's and everything in between. When I say this car is special in the way it communicates with its drivers, I am speaking from that very experience that few cars provided such a level of communication. I can not tell you how happy I was on that 220 mile drive home from the dealer and every day I get to drive this wonderful little car. Kudos to Ford of Europe for engineering one of the best drivers car ever made, it's just a shame we didn't get the new one as I would have been first in line to sign up.

Last edited:
Then I had an 2002 WRX. Easily the coolest car I've ever owned. I should've kept it but the motor had burnt valves and I'm pretty sure the rings were on it's last leg. I was quoted $10,000 to replace the motor and knowing nothing about cars I thought it was a good price. I wish I could go back and tell my dumbass you can import a v7 ej207 for less than that and just slap it in the car.
https://flic.kr/p/2aBx7My]
17337161922_60dac77038_o (1)[/url] by https://www.flickr.com/photos/132091316@N04/]caden sweeney[/url], on Flickr

Now I have a 2018 Fiesta ST. I've gotten into driving more than showing. I started AutoX and RallyX for the first time this year. Racing is significantly more enjoyable than going to car shows (personal taste).
https://flic.kr/p/2hGe1VL]
20191004_151122[/url] by https://www.flickr.com/photos/132091316@N04/]caden sweeney[/url], on Flickr

I know I'm not the only one that switched from a Sentra....Mine was built high comp n/a with lumpy-ass cams, 100+ dB exhaust and was a terribly impractical daily driver - worst decision I ever made. But boy was it fun.

View attachment 21012

My FiST is currently undergoing reconstructive surgery due to some parking lot antics, so let's throw it back about a year.

View attachment 21013
Mine got side swipe from a truck [emoji37]

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk