Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engine Code P0456 Evap System

Hi Fellow ST owners,

This weekend my car check engine light came on and since I have Automotive plugs in it popped up with P0456 Evap System Leak Detected (very small Leak)

I have just installed the Cobb intake and Turbosmart Dual port shorty. I am not sure if those two thing have to do with the leak but i have looked and couldn't find anything. Yeah advice will help thanks!

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
I do not overfill my gas tank. Once it stop I stop lol. They are so cheap to fill and i get 300+ miles per fill up so no need to overfill. Any other ideas? July 3,2015 car is a 2015 Car is 9 months old with 29,500ish miles on it.

Maybe your capless filler is malfunctioning. Check and see if the little flap is closed completely. All it would take is a blob of crap coming off the pump hose to keep it open.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

OP
M
Thread Starter #6
I will check that out. I de-tuned to stock maps and it cleared the code so I will drive it around on stock factory map until the light comes back on and figure it out or take it in and have ford service look at it.

OP
M
Thread Starter #7
Ive been driving the car around for a 10+ days and no check engine light or code as popped back up. I am just trying to figure if it was a false alarm but it did happen once before this post and I also cleared it then. I want to put the cobb OTS 91 map back on the car but don't want the light to come on again. Could it have to do with the cobb Stage 1 map? i know its a stretch but with it not popping back up I don't know what it could have been as i haven't fixed anything.

Just dropped my car off for its first engine light...97,000km...
Evap or gas flap code...still under warranty either 5yrs or 100,000km!
The dealer was busy when I entered, then said we will take you right away as I was close to the 100km...thought it might of been a service light for tranny fluid flush and spark plug change...they laughed...our car doesn’t even have a oil reminder...who needs the added weight anyways [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk