Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Always wanted one... and now I have it!!

Hello!

New to the FiST, but not the ST world as I had a '14 FoST about a year ago. I wanted a FiST when I got the FoST, but they didn't have any and the ST3 FoST was $6k under MSRP (bought it in Dec '13). But now.... I'm in the car I originally wanted. No pics just yet (working all weekend), but it's a base Molten Orange '16 FiST. Got it CPO'd w/ 8k miles, so I'm pretty excited!!

focusst.org was a great place when I was there while I had my '14 FoST, so I'm hoping for the same experience here!! I'm in the Las Vegas area if anyone wants to meet up and sweat like crazy while working on our cars .

May look to mod in a few months. Prolly just simple stuff like Boomba BOV.. Might look into getting tuned with either Mountune or Ford to keep my warranties intact. Right now I'm just realllllllly enjoying the tail happiness that this little pocket rocket is dishing out!! it's a hoot and a half!

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Welcome! I'm test driving a 2017 FoST today (not trading the FiST in, just thinking of adding the FoST to my collection). I've sat shotgun in a FoST before, and wasn't impressed, but that could've been driver induced, so I want to see for myself. How would you compare them? My experience was that the FoST felt like an N.A. car.

Anyway, I have the Boomba BOV adapter on my FiST, and contrary to what others say--for some reason I like it, and it doesn't annoy me. Which is surprising given my age lol. I hope you have a similar experience with this community.

FWIW, adding a firmer RMM has absolutely been the best mod I've done so far.

OP
Feisty Fiesta
Thread Starter #6
Welcome! I'm test driving a 2017 FoST today (not trading the FiST in, just thinking of adding the FoST to my collection). I've sat shotgun in a FoST before, and wasn't impressed, but that could've been driver induced, so I want to see for myself. How would you compare them? My experience was that the FoST felt like an N.A. car.

Anyway, I have the Boomba BOV adapter on my FiST, and contrary to what others say--for some reason I like it, and it doesn't annoy me. Which is surprising given my age lol. I hope you have a similar experience with this community.

FWIW, adding a firmer RMM has absolutely been the best mod I've done so far.
RMM does sound like the way to go for a first mod. My MS3 and MS6 both felt TONS better after upgrading to that. What brand and durometer RMM do you have?

I find the FiST far more enjoyable than my FoST was. More tossable and eager to play without me trying too hard. I get lift-off oversteer in the FiST with the ESC fully on. Roundabouts have never been more fun lol. The FoST was harder, imo, to coax into playful slides like that. Harder to reach the limit than in the FiST. I would personally add something RWD if I were to add to my collection. Toybaru twins, V8 muscle, or a Miata. I may actually add an ND miata later on in life when they get cheaper [biggrin]

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
RMM does sound like the way to go for a first mod. My MS3 and MS6 both felt TONS better after upgrading to that. What brand and durometer RMM do you have?

I find the FiST far more enjoyable than my FoST was. More tossable and eager to play without me trying too hard. I get lift-off oversteer in the FiST with the ESC fully on. Roundabouts have never been more fun lol. The FoST was harder, imo, to coax into playful slides like that. Harder to reach the limit than in the FiST. I would personally add something RWD if I were to add to my collection. Toybaru twins, V8 muscle, or a Miata. I may actually add an ND miata later on in life when they get cheaper [biggrin]
I have the Cobb RMM, but anything is better than stock. Thanks for the insight. I'll have another V8 RWD at some point, but in the meantime I'm enjoying FWD cars. I look at FWD problems as, challenges. I embrace their faults.

OP
Feisty Fiesta
Thread Starter #8
I have the Cobb RMM, but anything is better than stock. Thanks for the insight. I'll have another V8 RWD at some point, but in the meantime I'm enjoying FWD cars. I look at FWD problems as, challenges. I embrace their faults.
I think the RMM takes me out of stock class for autocross though now that i think about it lol. Ill have to look into that. I really enjoy the stock setup on the FiST. I may just do 16s and Michelin Pilot Super Sports as my first mod to stay in stock class for autocross. This is the most fun FWD car I've owned. The only other FWD car that was this fun was the few times I was able to drive an Integra Type R. I just felt sooooo connected to that car. Sadly, it would get stolen the moment I turned away from it, lol.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I think the RMM takes me out of stock class for autocross though now that i think about it lol. Ill have to look into that. I really enjoy the stock setup on the FiST. I may just do 16s and Michelin Pilot Super Sports as my first mod to stay in stock class for autocross. This is the most fun FWD car I've owned. The only other FWD car that was this fun was the few times I was able to drive an Integra Type R. I just felt sooooo connected to that car. Sadly, it would get stolen the moment I turned away from it, lol.
Ahhh, good point. Gotta love the money saving benefits of stock class!

Ouch! Sorry about your car.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Congrats, you found the right place. This is by far the best Fiesta ST information source you'll find on the net.

OP
Feisty Fiesta
Thread Starter #14
Congrats, you found the right place. This is by far the best Fiesta ST information source you'll find on the net.
I noticed.. I had originally went to fiestast.org because focusst.org was THE place with all the FoST info you wanted.. I guessed incorrectly, lol. Now, I'm in the right place! Already have my mod list building! Lathe Werks Copolymer knob.. 16x7 OZ Ultraleggera's on some RS4's! This is all I really want/need for autocross [driving]