Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone fit a Honda Grom or Navi in the back of a FiST?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Just wondering if it'll fit. Was thinking a grom might fit in the back hatch if I flip the seats down and rotate the bars backwards. The Grom is EFI so would probably be happy for a bit but the Navi would probably barf gas.

Someone owes me and has a couple of groms and a navi, said I can have one if I want. Where I live is ok to ride, but to go anywhere else I pretty much *have* to take the freeway.

Ooh, maybe I could get 2 navis and a small trailer for 'em so my wife and i can go dink around on them!

haste

1000 Post Club
Bought my son a yamaha pw50 and it wouldn't even stand upright in the back of the FiST.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Wheelbase is 50.6" and seat height 30" on the Navi. So it should go in tipped over. Grom has a 3" shorter wheelbase and same seat height. If it has mirrors on the handlebars you might have to take them off.

Gas leaking will be a real concern. Best to drain the tank, run the carb dry. And tip it over on the ground to be sure. But still cover the drain tubes.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Ok my new mission is going to be finding a small trailer with 2 groms. She saw it and decided she needs one now too haha.

I haven't been able to ride in about 10 years due to arm issues, but the grom's clutch pull is so light that its not that bad, and since its not highway legal it kinda makes sure I *can't* overdo it.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Ahahaha! I got the grom in trade and its amazing! I've owned lots of bikes, but haven't been able to ride for quite some time. This is such a silly little toy I definitely need to get my wife on one. I didn't have a way to put it in the FiST so I had to plan an all surface street path at below 45mph speed limits to get it where it needed to go. My first experience on this tiny thing was a 5 hour ride but I now own the most ridiculously fun motorcycle I have ever thrown a leg over. It's fun in all the silly little ways the FiST (or moreso my abarth) is.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Not a Grom or Navi, but older 1972 Honda ST-90.
I actually got two of these into my 2011 Fiesta SEL.

ST-90s.jpg

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I would think it better to cut just behind the front seats.
This way the bed could be more extended to make more like a Ranchero.