Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone running the boomba boost operated bov?

Anyone have any opinions on the actual performance of the unit? I don't care about the sound aspect but yet looking for more the performance benefits vs. other bov options out there.

Anyone have any opinions on the actual performance of the unit? I don't care about the sound aspect but yet looking for more the performance benefits vs. other bov options out there.
I can't really comment on the FiST and it is a somewhat different design in terms of how it's actuated but I loved it on my FoST. These turbos are pretty small so the difference is minimul between a BPV and BOV. A BPV is superior in terms of performance as it dumps air back into the compressor through the intake so it aids in keeping the turbo spooled when you lift. The biggest thing I am seeing when it comes to the FiST is the stock BPV leaks (not to uncommon for stock valves), the Boomba unit will solve this as will others.

I think Boomba created this unit because that is how their BOV's operated (pneumatically) The FoST use and electric solenoid to actuate vacuum as opposed to the FiST which is actually and electric BPV. I have not seen any issues with the stock BPV besides boost leaks and in terms of performance the stocker will be faster but we are talking milliseconds compared to a pneumatic set up. They both do their job but when you see things like the GFB DV+ that kind of solves every problem and truly improves on the stock BPV, running a pneumatic set up, I don't see a need as long as the electric solenoid holds the boost levels you run.