Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Axle seal or shift tower/ shift select transmission leak?

Luuk9

Hi this is my first post on the forum πŸ‘‹.
But I believe my axle seals are leaking but someone brought up that some people get mixed up with shift tower leak or leaking on top of the transmission, so from the pictures is it an axle seal leak or shift tower leak? IMG_5473.jpeg

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Get OEM Fomoco seals And replace them. Get 2 qts of Fomoco Fluid or BG synchro shift 2 or Ravenol MTF-2* also degrease everything and go from there. Check for the Breather vent on top of the shifter tower also. They like to get broken and forgotten and could be a source of a leak also.

Last edited:
OP
Luuk9

Luuk9

Thread Starter #3
Get OEM Fomoco seals And replace them. Get 2 qts of Fomoco Fluid or GR synchro shift 2 or Ravenol MTF-2* also degrease everything and go from there. Check for the Breather vent on top of the shifter tower also. They like to get broken and forgotten and could be a source of a leak also.
So definitely replace axle seals first because it’s most likely that? Then check vent if still leaking? And should I use actual engine degreaser to degrease because I was using brake cleaner and it was a bit tough to scrub off the thick black gunk, or do I just need more elbow grease?

OP
Luuk9

Luuk9

Thread Starter #4
Get OEM Fomoco seals And replace them. Get 2 qts of Fomoco Fluid or GR synchro shift 2 or Ravenol MTF-2* also degrease everything and go from there. Check for the Breather vent on top of the shifter tower also. They like to get broken and forgotten and could be a source of a leak also.
I did more research about the breather vent and I found a problem people are losing the breather vent cap (CV6Z-7L282-A), is that the problem that you were talking about?