Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Axle Wear/Seal Issue

I took my FiST into local shop to get the slave cylinder replaced along with new flywheel and clutch (all OEM parts). While the tech was in there they decided to replace the axle seals as well with OEM seals as they were sweating a bit, which I was aware of and knew was a common issue. After I got the car back I noticed the new seals leak considerably worse than before. I took it back to have them redo the seals they originally replaced. During the process they noticed the axles had some unusual wear marks on them (see photos). I got my car back (again) and the seals continue to leak. Anyone have any input on these axles or what could be causing them to wear like that? The car only has about 86k miles. TIA.

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I took my FiST into local shop to get the slave cylinder replaced along with new flywheel and clutch (all OEM parts). While the tech was in there they decided to replace the axle seals as well with OEM seals as they were sweating a bit, which I was aware of and knew was a common issue. After I got the car back I noticed the new seals leak considerably worse than before. I took it back to have them redo the seals they originally replaced. During the process they noticed the axles had some unusual wear marks on them (see photos). I got my car back (again) and the seals continue to leak. Anyone have any input on these axles or what could be causing them to wear like that? The car only has about 86k miles. TIA.
Had an extensive talk with a Fomoco tech about the axle seals and if you don't install them right they will never seal* first of all how bad is the leak? Seals will always weep...there are no seals that are perfect its the nature of the beast of seals and rotating parts

OP
T
Thread Starter #3
Had an extensive talk with a Fomoco tech about the axle seals and if you don't install them right they will never seal* first of all how bad is the leak? Seals will always weep...there are no seals that are perfect its the nature of the beast of seals and rotating parts
There’s about a quarter sized puddle after being parked for about an hour. About a coffee sized plate overnight.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
There’s about a quarter sized puddle after being parked for about an hour. About a coffee sized plate overnight.
That is way way too much.. Were fomoco seals used? i know the after market has had issues keeping up with Supersessions of the part via fomoco.