Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Be really careful running ethanol (E30, E40, etc.)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I had to drive a 200 mile round trip to buy E85 so I bought more cans and 22 gallons, fuel costs to go get it, time it took, etc....and now decided to swap to a bigger turbo that will max out the fuel system so I have 17 gallons of E85 I cannot use unless somebody figures out how to get more fuel out of the stock or modified system:(

Anybody in Utah want some E85???

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Bigger turbo with pump sounds easier to get the power im looking for Lol.

TheStig

I cant complain about 9$ a gallon for 110 leaded that I normally run in my quad given that it was once built to run on U4.4

Now thats some expensive crap.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Interstingly enough I just found out that a station near me sells 100 octnae at the pump lol.

ryst

Because once you tune for it, E30 in my case, it sucks to go back to regular old 93 (E10). Even if only temporarily. I haven't had time over the last week to get over to my local E85 station and I'm running my 93 (E10) tune at this moment. Huge difference. That is all. Thanks Sourskittle:)
I relate to this post so much. I'm running E10 Cobb Stage 1 in the winter and its UNBEARABLY SLOW. I miss my E40 tune.

Butterybunz

Who do you guys recommend for an e30 tune? Can I run it with just a drop-in filter? Cost involved? (I already have an AP)

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Who do you guys recommend for an e30 tune? Can I run it with just a drop-in filter? Cost involved? (I already have an AP)
Panda has been good to me.

But freaktune, Randy at mountune.

And yes,'you can have any of those guys do an E30 tune for you with no required mods.

I have a few mods, but using the stock turbocharger ( not cyborg), I made 354ft. Of torque using E45 on 29.40psi, lol.

OP
JPGC

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
Do you already have a protune for 91 or 93 E10? If not then you should go ahead and do that first with Freektune, Panda, mountune, etc. After you get that dialed in, it is fairly easy to dial in the E30 tune. Freektune (Justin) charges an extra $75 for the additional E30 tune. I'm not sure about the others. Freektune, Panda and mountune are all reputable companies and I can't imagine you going wrong with any of them.

Butterybunz

I'm seeing a lot of stations offering E30 pre-mixed right from the pump in my area. Would there be any difference in quality from the pre-mixed E30 to just mixing 91 and e85 myself?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
That is great for you to get pump E30 but make sure you know what the actual content is or range it can be in your area as the percentage can very a great deal in some areas like here. E85 is guaranteed to be E70 or better and the only distributor says it is always very close to E70.

Butterybunz

After researching I believe the pre-mixed E30 in my area is 87 Octane fuel mixed with e85, versus if I mix it myself it is 91 Octane mixed with e85.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Yea, most "blender pumps" that offer "E30" mix it with 87oct. I still think you come out ahead, but its no where near as good as 91/93 oct mixed with E85/E70

Does anyone else have gas stations with more options then e-85. I just found one tonight with the options of getting e-15, e-30, e-85. Does that mean I don't have to work about mixtures? New to the whole ethanol thing.

Rhinopolis

I'm new to the benefits/negatives of blending 93 octane and E85. There's E85 being offered at a grocery store not far from my house, and outside of "adding power" what other benefits or negatives does this bring about?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Does anyone else have gas stations with more options then e-85. I just found one tonight with the options of getting e-15, e-30, e-85. Does that mean I don't have to work about mixtures? New to the whole ethanol thing.
It means that place is mixing 87oct with E85 to give you a mix of E30 (etc ) but at a much much lower than standard octane. Like normally adding 4 gal or so to 93oct results in almost 100oct. But they mix it with 87oct ( not 93oct ) to reach 92-94oct total while still taxing your fuel pumps the sameway the good E30 would.

You def have to mix it yourself. Its really not to hard once you get used to it. If its local to you to get E85, and you don't drive 500 miles a week to/from work, your crazy not to get a E30 tune :)

Higher octane, smoother engine, quieter running engine, engine runs cooler, and of course a really nice % increase in power. Its addicting.