Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blue track/street build - salvage restoration

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #103
Pretty sure my turbo is blown, car will be out of commission for a bit as a wait for an s280 in the mail.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #105
the new hybrid turbo is toast? how did that happen?
This is how it sounds when driving -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Z2lsjmDLc

Was an absolutely ripper while it was good. I'm past the age to be swapping turbos so I had a shop do it. Consequently I'll be having a shop to the remove and replace but not until next month. It drove like it had 30 horsepower. Not even like it just had no turbo but like it was actively really far down on power. I'm operating under the assumption of seized compressor wheel.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Wasn't this one of Tygen's first prototype hybrids which he sent you to test/try?

Did you have to lay out any coin for it, besides installation labor?

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #108
I'll keep my turbo issues or perceived issues out of this thread for now. The turbo has not been pulled yet to make a true assessment of what did or didn't happen.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Fair enough.

I was NOT speaking against Tygen whatsoever, in any way, shape, or form, as finding any flaws/problems that need to be addressed (yes, of course that is even IF it was actually the unit which caused the problem) is the whole point of real world testing/trials in the first place. [wink]

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #110
Fair enough.

I was NOT speaking against Tygen whatsoever, in any way, shape, or form, as finding any flaws/problems that need to be addressed (yes, of course that is even IF it was actually the unit which caused the problem) is the whole point of real world testing/trials in the first place. [wink]
Agreed, that's a great perspective to have. I consider everything that has happened up to this point valuable and informative.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
This has me wondering if Ron's 15"/285MM rotor kit will fit under my 15x7, ET48 Method MR501VTs without any spacers. [dunno]

Last edited:
OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #115
Pretty sure I could go down to a 5mm spacer. Going to try it.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #116
This has me wondering if Ron's 15"/285MM rotor kit will fit under my 15x7, ET48 Method MR501VTs without any spacers. [dunno]
If you are curious, this winter I'll mail you a caliper and bracket and you can test fit.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #118