Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blue track/street build - salvage restoration

Looking good bro...this has been a good build, keep it going.

I’m interested in the Whoosh brake kit review.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #122
Pulled apart the rear suspension to do coilovers but realized I didn't have the upgraded spring mounts. Ordered them from Whoosh. Also installed Dpro camber arms while I was in there. Lastly I test fitted my wheels without spacers and all and they seem like they fit over the brake kit! I posted more pictures in the brake/suspension subforum.

20210608_202929.jpg 20210608_204843.jpg

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #123
I like the wheels it had. If I may make a suggestion, if you plan on seriously tracking this, the Sparco Chrono may be a bit underwhelming for a full track car. Just my opinions tho. Good luck, its looking good.
Did you run a 4 point or 6 point harness with the Sparco Chrono? Mine seat is showing up next week so I'd like to get a harness on order.

TemecFist

Did you run a 4 point or 6 point harness with the Sparco Chrono? Mine seat is showing up next week so I'd like to get a harness on order.
You can't run more than a 4 point. There is no spot for the sub belt to come thru. If your not running at least a roll bar, then the only belt that is legal for competition, and the only belt I would run is the Schroth belt that is specifically spec'd for the Fiesta. Pricey, but worth it.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #125
You can't run more than a 4 point. There is no spot for the sub belt to come thru. If your not running at least a roll bar, then the only belt that is legal for competition, and the only belt I would run is the Schroth belt that is specifically spec'd for the Fiesta. Pricey, but worth it.
I have an Autopower roll bar and Sparco seat - I also own a Schroth Quickfit harness but was hoping to switch to a different bar mounted harness. I suppose there isn't really any advantage to that though.

TemecFist

I have an Autopower roll bar and Sparco seat - I also own a Schroth Quickfit harness but was hoping to switch to a different bar mounted harness. I suppose there isn't really any advantage to that though.
No, there really isn't. Plus, in order to run a different harness (other than the Schroth), you need to get the plugs for the seat belts, with the Schroth, no need for those. Tbh, if I had to do it over, I would have got the Schroth harness'. As of now, I'm running a Autopower harness on the driver's side, and a Sparco on the passenger side (when the seat is actually installed). The reason I say I wish I would have went with the Schroth is because I'm slowly turning this car back into more of a street car, and the roll bar is coming out, which means now I'm going to have to pay for the Schroth belts anyways. Lol

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Are you going to leave the one piece race shell seat(s?) in once the bar is removed?

Is the Schroth Profi 2 ASM FE safe to use without a bar (or at least a harness bar), or is there an even more 'streetable' model from them which is even safer yet to use with no roll bar/cage at all?

TemecFist

^^^Are you going to leave the one piece race shell seat(s?) in once the bar is removed?

Is the Schroth Profi 2 ASM FE safe to use without a bar (or at least a harness bar), or is there an even more 'streetable' model from them which is even safer yet to use with no roll bar/cage at all?
I'll be using the Quik Fit Pros. Im not really sure what difference between the ASM belt,, and Quik Fit Pros is TBH. But i'll be removing the fix backed seats, and putting the Chronos back in. A fixed back seat with out even just a bar worries me. I know people do it, and I would prob be ok leaving them in, but I've kinda grown fond of my neck, and would like to keep it in 1 piece. Lol. So it will be the Chrono's with the Quik Fit Pros.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
ASM is just that little box/flap on the driver right shoulder of the QuickFit Pro. It pops open and extends in an accident to keep you from submarining. Great belts.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
ASM is just that little box/flap on the driver right shoulder of the QuickFit Pro. It pops open and extends in an accident to keep you from submarining. Great belts.
Yes, I believe that ASM is an added feature to ALL of Schroth's belts, right on up to their top of the line formula harnesses.[dunno]

What makes their Profi 2 FE 'streetable' and more importantly street LEGAL, is that the center release lock uses a single action press BUTTON (which is actually labeled as such for emergency first responders), instead of the camlock lever, or latch and link of a full race only harness, which those EMS people would have to fiddle with/waste time trying to figure out, in order to extract an unconscious/severely injured driver/passenger from the car.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #132
Finished Dpro rear camber plates and rear ISC coilovers with Powerflex spring mounts.

But I also did an NRG hub, quick disconnect, and steering wheel. I don't need inspection until the Spring so I'll figure out the horn during the winter but oh boy do I love the look and feel of this setup. Excuse the dirty floor.

20210704_223124.jpg 20210704_223159.jpg

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #134
Sparco Chrono seat went in along with Sparco sliders and Planted bracket. Ez pz. What do you all do about air bag lights? Just ignore em or can I disable something in ForScan? Currently the seat belt buckle plug is disconnected and the driver's seat airbags and steering wheel airbag are both removed. Haven't started it up yet, turbo getting swapped this week!

20210725_210334.jpg 20210725_205826.jpg

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #136

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yup - I'm actually the last person that posted there! A little more complicated when the steering wheel is swapped too. I think I'll just deal with the light. Not a requirement for inspection where I live.
Will insurance give you any grief over the lack of any exploding whoopee cushions?

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I inserted the fused resistor from NRG in my steering wheel airbag connector. Works fine. I just shoved a resistor (2ohm I think) like the one in the post above inside my seat connector. No light.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #139
I inserted the fused resistor from NRG in my steering wheel airbag connector. Works fine. I just shoved a resistor (2ohm I think) like the one in the post above inside my seat connector. No light.
Which one for the wheel? And what about the wire/plug on the seat belt, does that not cause issues?