Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blue track/street build - salvage restoration

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #204
Did you find a place for E85?
Supposed to be at a station about 20-25 mins from my office. I don't always go there but I'm going to check it out. If it's there I'll just buy a bunch of 5 gallon jugs. Otherwise I'll bite the bullet and get a 55 gallon drum delivered.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #206
Scheduled for install at the end of this month: Trans with Quaife installed already, RTS dual friction clutch, and 4.3 final drive gear. Also have a new slave cylinder, new fluid, and the bearings/bolts for 4.3 gear.

Am I missing anything? It feels like I am...

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Scheduled for install at the end of this month: Trans with Quaife installed already, RTS dual friction clutch, and 4.3 final drive gear. Also have a new slave cylinder, new fluid, and the bearings/bolts for 4.3 gear.

Am I missing anything? It feels like I am...
just dope let us know how you like the 4.3

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #208
just dope let us know how you like the 4.3
Absolutely will do, won't really get any driving impressions until March/April as the RTS has a 750-1k mile break-in. Car will get the driveline upgrades above, then promptly back in my personal garage for a whole bunch of other stuff.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Absolutely will do, won't really get any driving impressions until March/April as the RTS has a 750-1k mile break-in. Car will get the driveline upgrades above, then promptly back in my personal garage for a whole bunch of other stuff.
that means we will be on a race to see which persons car gets on the road with LSD and possibly gears. I really want the 4.06 gears that were the ST200 and manual trans ecoboost Fusion. It’s strange because that car was sold here but finding the separate part number for that ring and pinion is next too impossible. I am guessing Ron sells the 4.3 because the ST200 in Europe came with the 4.06 and the 4.3 was an upgrade over there so its more common on the aftermarket.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #210
that means we will be on a race to see which persons car gets on the road with LSD and possibly gears. I really want the 4.06 gears that were the ST200 and manual trans ecoboost Fusion. It’s strange because that car was sold here but finding the separate part number for that ring and pinion is next too impossible. I am guessing Ron sells the 4.3 because the ST200 in Europe came with the 4.06 and the 4.3 was an upgrade over there so its more common on the aftermarket.
Mine will technically be on the road but won't be able to fully experience it for a while obviously. Does the Fusion trans just bolt right up? That would be an interesting middle ground if it were affordable enough. Also March is dyno time on e/93.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Mine will technically be on the road but won't be able to fully experience it for a while obviously. Does the Fusion trans just bolt right up? That would be an interesting middle ground if it were affordable enough. Also March is dyno time on e/93.
that’s an interesting question. As the Focus ST uses an IB6 as well. It appears it does use the same trans but the reports are the gear throws are longer. Besides having the 4.06 final drive it’s possible the gearing is different. The throws is probably in the cabling and shifter i.e. nothing a short shifter could not correct .

Last edited:
OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #212
Car is in the shop for the next few days. Final drive, refreshed trans with Quaife LSD, RTS twin friction clutch, new slave and a bunch of new bearings, as well as an ethanol gauge. I don't trust myself with clutch/gear work so I'll pay for that. Once the car is back then injectors/hpfp and a bunch of interior/exterior stuff.

20211227_153223.jpg

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #214
Car has been on the back burner at my builder but should be done soon. Going to street tune on 93 then on E30 after that. Lots of work to do before early April when I'm supposed to be on track.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #216
Car is back in my hands! Quaife LSD, 4.3 final drive, RTS twin friction clutch and flywheel, Bosch +30% injectors and XDI hpfp. Also had fuel lines made for an Innovate ethanol content sensor. I have about 700 more break in miles until I can drive the car aggressively. Tuning for 93 first then E30. First track day in 2.5 weeks on a new-to-me track.

Ford Community Posts