Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba RMM review

MOFiST

Man that sounds way louder than mine. I run the boomba rmm and am getting more used to it daily. That metallic noise is that coming from the exhaust tunnel?

MOFiST

I should also add there is some rattle off the mark. That's the trade off for a planted sloppless car. It'll probably break in but do you have an exhaust? Btw I have removed my downpipe bracket. The reason being is that most after market downpipes don't have them and my theory is that it put less vibes through the exhaust.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I ordered the boomba RMM myself a few days ago and I'm going to try it out for a week or so. If I like it, I'll sell the Cobb. If I don't like it, I'll sell the boomba. We will see. Just like RAAMaudio said, the Cobb allows a bit more movement than expected. A little too much movement for me. Hopefully the boomba solves this for me without too much nvh.

MOFiST

I'll try and get a video of my own out soon. Ill need to borrow a gopro is the thing. Mine is not loud quite like that. That sounds to me like an exhaust rattle but it's hard to tell.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I'll try and get a video of my own out soon. Ill need to borrow a gopro is the thing. Mine is not loud quite like that. That sounds to me like an exhaust rattle but it's hard to tell.
I would let you borrow my go pro if you were close by, but Florida - Australia... Not so close, lol.

MOFiST

Thanks mate. yeah the postage price would be half the price of the gopro lol.

XuperXero

I should also add there is some rattle off the mark. That's the trade off for a planted sloppless car. It'll probably break in but do you have an exhaust? Btw I have removed my downpipe bracket. The reason being is that most after market downpipes don't have them and my theory is that it put less vibes through the exhaust.
Stock exhaust. But I zip tied all the rubber exhaust hanger since the muffler was hitting the heat shield under car. So it could be slightly stiffer than normal.

But removing the downpipe bracket could be a good idea, I'm gonna try that tonight. Will post updates.

OP
H
Thread Starter #49
I LOVE the BOOMBA RMM it was harsh at first but it has mellowed out and on the street NO wheel hop. I have yet to try it on a PREPPED drag strip our strip is never prepped so wheel hop is bad.

XuperXero

That definitely is unlike anything we've heard before. We can see you've already taken a look at your exhaust, let us know if it still makes the same noise after verifying your exhaust isn't rubbing anywhere.
Thanks for the concerns. I'm 100% sure that it is not the product itself. This issue seems to be isolated to Hunter and me only. Speaking of which... Is he still active? Has he resolved this issue?

Update: I removed downpipe bracket last night. Rattling from 1k to 1.5k is still existent. 1.5k to 2k is silent now.
However... 2k-3k now has increased vibrations (although no rattling).

Anyone have torque specs for the RMM bolts? I'm wondering if I overtightened it?

MOFiST

But I gather from what you're saying you already had a loose exhaust system. So of course the firm RMM is going to accentuate the movement. I'd get under the car and see if there is still excessive movement of the exhaust and contact between the exhaust and the under body. You may find you can adjust the exhaust hanger rods a bit or another option some guys are using the poly urethane hanger bushes.

MOFiST

Thanks for the concerns. I'm 100% sure that it is not the product itself. This issue seems to be isolated to Hunter and me only. Speaking of which... Is he still active? Has he resolved this issue?

Update: I removed downpipe bracket last night. Rattling from 1k to 1.5k is still existent. 1.5k to 2k is silent now.
However... 2k-3k now has increased vibrations (although no rattling).

Anyone have torque specs for the RMM bolts? I'm wondering if I overtightened it?
Here's a link to torque specs thanks [MENTION=9]rodmoe[/MENTION]
Torque : 70 Nm or about 50 Ft lbs
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/1389-Cobb-Rear-Motor-Mount-for-Fiesta-ST-Installed-Review?p=19276&viewfull=1#post19276

XuperXero

XuperXero

24Nm is way too low. That's only 17.7lb on a 1ft lever. I can do that with my index finger.

I check torque by how hard it was to remove, then do they same puttin it on.[:)] Some things are critical like engine and wheels. This mount needs to be cranked on since you can now feel the vibration it is subjected too.

mrtn

Odd. You'd think Mountune would know what they are doing... Maybe it's a typo? Or maybe it's a spec that's specific to their mount because it looks like there's just urethane and no metal in the middle. Perhaps it's so the bushings don't 'squish'