Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bosch Uprated Injectors

Erick_V

So question for those more knowledgeable than me, just spitballing now that the HPFP is the next hurdle. On my previous platform (Mazdaspeed3/6) the first mod that you would do if you wanted to add power to the car was HPFP internals. They also use a cam driven fuel pump. The internals were around $400 new and could easily be installed on a bench and within an hour. They also used the OEM housing. This shot up the fuel pressure and gave you the fueling that you needed, to an extent. I believe it was around the 400whp mark. I wonder if someone could make us something like the link below. It would be a third of the price (if made into production) and would potentially solve the problem until we reach the limits of the LPFP.

https://www.cobbtuning.com/products...Vis_1uxzFD6R92OWL-dE_Otwq5xi2J74aAifKEALw_wcB

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I was wondering about this, is a lpfp necessary for a stock turbo as well?

Gas is expensive in Cali and if it's relatively affordable to convert to full E85 I think making that jump could be worth it.
LPFP is not needed for E85 on the stock turbo or even a big turbo if you want 300whp or less but you absolutely need hpfp.

I asked stratified about tuning my car on full e85 for 300whp ish and they said single port aux + hpfp upgrade would do the trick. No LPFP needed. FWIW.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
On impulse( which I rarely do) and because cheap I ordered the jag injectors from RockAuto . If the fuel pump is proven to work I might just add that to the mix.

I also am working on finding a extra stock downpipe so I can mod it to all have all sensors functional no CEL even with tune.

The only caveat to running full e85 is the fact that due to much lower BTU’s ones gas mileage will suffer severely.

Hence why most tuning for full E85 are looking for high HP numbers gas mileage be damned. I figured I would mention this as some are considering full E85 setup to offset gas prices.

The tradeoff on mileage could wind up costing as much as current gas prices as you will be visiting the pump more frequently. Food for thought!

Last edited:
On impulse( which I rarely do) and because cheap I ordered the jag injectors from RockAuto . If the fuel pump is proven to work I might just add that to the mix.

I also am working on finding a extra stock downpipe so I can mod it to all have all sensors functional no CEL even with tune.

The only caveat to running full e85 is the fact that due to much lower BTU’s ones gas mileage will suffer severely.

Hence why most tuning for full E85 are looking for high HP numbers gas mileage be damned. I figured I would mention this as some are considering full E85 setup to offset gas mileage.

The tradeoff on mileage could wind up costing as much as current gas prices as you will be visiting the pump more frequently. Food for thought!
Good point. I do have have plans for a bigger turbo, so full E85 would eventually be used for mo' powa. Whether I start collecting those parts now or later depends on if the Jag hpfp is an affordable way to get there.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I believe Mike Emerson AKA "Old Mike Emerson" has passed away
RIP buddy :cry:

Here's the first couple lines of his obituary :
MICHAEL J. EMERSON
Michael J. Emerson, 63, of Green, Ohio, passed away unexpectedly on May 16, 2022. He was born September 27, 1958.
A 20-year retired Navy veteran, Michael enjoyed cars and was a self-employed mechanic.

Last edited:

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I believe Mike Emerson AKA "Old Mike Emerson" has passed away

Here's the first couple lines of this obituary :
MICHAEL J. EMERSON
Michael J. Emerson, 63, of Green, Ohio, passed away unexpectedly on May 16, 2022. He was born September 27, 1958.
A 20-year retired Navy veteran, Michael enjoyed cars and was a self-employed mechanic.
Wow, RIP.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

Here's the first couple lines of this obituary :
MICHAEL J. EMERSON
Get out....oh my God! I can't believe this.....I'm extremely saddened to hear of Old Mike's passing. My condolences go out to his entire family. [emoji120] RIP Mike....The short Time you were here on the Forum....you gave us so much! [emoji22] Thanks Old Man Mike!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Get out....oh my God! I can't believe this.....I'm extremely saddened to hear of Old Mike's passing. My condolences go out to his entire family. [emoji120] RIP Mike....The short Time you were here on the Forum....you gave us so much! [emoji22] Thanks Old Man Mike!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
I agree, shocking and very sad.

I think Mike was an excellent example of why this is such a great community, he will surely be missed.