Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bosch Uprated Injectors

Update on the 66807 HPFP. The car has been running smooth so far. I sent datalogs to my tuner and said they looked good. Next step is to install the 62120 injectors and use the new tune with injector scaling. I will be installing the injectors tomorrow and will keep everyone posted on the HPFP.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Wait, so are we able to slap on a Jaguar HPFP, without a tune, and just run it casually?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
No* the fuel system will need to be re-scaled. Correction* only if you utilize upgraded injectors will it need re-scaling.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No* the fuel system will need to be re-scaled.

Incorrect. The jag pump can just be bolted in with no immediate tuning changes needed. The injectors need to be scaled for.

The XDI pump does require custom changes but that is an entirely different aftermarket pump.

What's the advantage then?

Well, the hope is that it holds pressure up to redline, where the oem pump usually starts to taper off.
On a stock vehicle, or a vehicle that does not need the extra fuel supply, you will notice no difference. But I do run higher pressure on BT setups to avoid running lean.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well, the hope is that it holds pressure up to redline, where the oem pump usually starts to taper off.
On a stock vehicle, or a vehicle that does not need the extra fuel supply, you will notice no difference. But I do run higher pressure on BT setups to avoid running lean.
When will we know if it holds and is worth it? How long does it rake to scale the injectors? 1,2 or 3 data logs?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Scaling for the injectors is a one-and-done change. I already did all the work, lol.

We will know once we add the injectors, which will allow for much more fuel to spray. Hopefully pressure stays in acceptable limits.
So what of you throw 4 port or single Port Aux into the mix..... Anymore difficult to scale?

Last edited:

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm still hopeful but confused: I thought that the reason for the "upgrade" to the Jag HPFP was that it ran at 200 bar rather than 150 bar as does OE pump. That doesn't seem to be the case as @Raziel510 FiST's isn't running rich. Now we think that it runs at the same pressure as the OE pump but can flow more? The Jag pump fuels 3 injectors that flow 30% more than the FiST's. The FiST pump fuels 4 injectors that flow 23% less than the Jag's. Math is whispering that the pumps flow the same at the same pressure.

I super appreciate @Raziel510's work and fingers crossed and all, but....

I have not been super hopeful. But the thing to keep in mind here guys is that it is a supporting modification. You don't necessarily gain power just by adding the pump. But it will support higher horsepower. At least, that is our hope.

As for the pressures it actually runs, that is all controlled by the ecu. You can take 2 similar pumps and command the same pressure and the PID's will get you very close to target on both pumps. Generally speaking.

Erick_V

I have not been super hopeful. But the thing to keep in mind here guys is that it is a supporting modification. You don't necessarily gain power just by adding the pump. But it will support higher horsepower. At least, that is our hope.

As for the pressures it actually runs, that is all controlled by the ecu. You can take 2 similar pumps and command the same pressure and the PID's will get you very close to target on both pumps. Generally speaking.
Do you see the possibility of running the uprated pump and injectors being enough to run full E on a stock turbo? And if so do you think there would be gains? The turbo is already maxed at ~230whp but do you think 240whp could be realistic? I’m delaying a turbo upgrade for as long as possible for multiple reasons

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Do you see the possibility of running the uprated pump and injectors being enough to run full E on a stock turbo? And if so do you think there would be gains? The turbo is already maxed at ~230whp but do you think 240whp could be realistic? I’m delaying a turbo upgrade for as long as possible for multiple reasons
Cmon Erick....can't you hear the upgrade calling?....Upgrade me....upgrade me! You know you wanna! I'm just alittle Turbsky...I wanna grow up and be powerful!

Erick_V

Cmon Erick....can't you hear the upgrade calling?....Upgrade me....upgrade me! You know you wanna! I'm just alittle Turbsky...I wanna grow up and be powerful!

Lol I know I know. Trying to get an LSD and safety stuff before I start making the car faster. The FiST is slowly becoming my track/weekend car. However, I feel the temptation! That S280 keeps me up at night

Unfortunately, no. The turbo is already at peak efficiency and MBT can already be reached on E30.