Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bosch Uprated Injectors

Erick_V

RIP Mike. My father is also a Navy Vet so this hits a little harder for me knowing what he’s been through. Thank you for what you’ve done for all of us and the platform, didn’t know you outside of the forum but would’ve loved to meet you and talk FiSTevities. Condolences to the family.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I didn't know Mike any better than anyone else here, but I had promised him a pizza for the work that he did to verify the injectors. I reached out to him, got the name of his fav. pizza place and his email and, then, work, lawn mowing, FiST-building, etc. distracted me for a week or so. Then he passed and I never bought him that pizza. I really wish that I had prioritized the 3 minutes it would have taken to send him a gift card.

RIP, Mike - I still owe you a pizza.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I didn't know Mike any better than anyone else here, but I had promised him a pizza for the work that he did to verify the injectors. I reached out to him, got the name of his fav. pizza place and his email and, then, work, lawn mowing, FiST-building, etc. distracted me for a week or so. Then he passed and I never bought him that pizza. I really wish that I had prioritized the 3 minutes it would have taken to send him a gift card.

RIP, Mike - I still owe you a pizza.
FUCK, THAT HURT

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've been looking at getting the Jag HPFP but the stock photos look like the male threads are not oriented in the same direction. I guess the only way to find out for sure is to buy one.
Given that the Jag has 2 pumps feeding 6 injectors, each with 30% more flow than the 4 in our 1.6 (with a single pump), we get ((2 * 130%) / 6) = 3.9. That's pretty close to the 4 injectors that our single pump feeds. I'd bet that the Jag pump performs exactly the same as the OEM FiST pump.

Last edited:
Old Mike, may he rest in peace, mentioned that the Jag HPFP is a 200 bar pump instead of the 150 bar that we currently have. He used his cleaver ways and found archives about the ones that used to be sold off a UK site. I don't have the best memory so I may be wrong. It is hard finding information about any Bosch parts.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Old Mike, may he rest in peace, mentioned that the Jag HPFP is a 200 bar pump instead of the 150 bar that we currently have. He used his cleaver ways and found archives about the ones that used to be sold off a UK site. I don't have the best memory so I may be wrong. It is hard finding information about any Bosch parts.
Pumaspeed used to sell them*

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Update on the HPFP. Fitment is tight and you'll have to modify somethings. Youll have to cut and trim the coil pack holder bracket. It seems to be running a bit rich but I will get some data logs tomorrow.

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Update on the HPFP. Fitment is tight and you'll have to modify somethings. Youll have to cut and trim the coil pack holder bracket. It seems to be running a bit rich but I will get some data logs tomorrow.
Is there a nice concave area on that Cam bucket?

It seats exactly like factory HPFP but one fitting is super close to the cyl 4 injector harness clip. The coil pack holder bracket has to be shaved down and the foam has to be cut to clear the fitting that is now taking up the space that was empty before. The dual fitting hard line has to be bent a bit to properly set everything.

It seats exactly like factory HPFP but one fitting is super close to the cyl 4 injector harness clip. The coil pack holder bracket has to be shaved down and the foam has to be cut to clear the fitting that is now taking up the space that was empty before. The dual fitting hard line has to be bent a bit to properly set everything.
It looks like you rotated the one hardline. How hard is the hardline to bend?

I did not bend the rotated hard-line. The line from the low pressure pump is flexible so I just moved it to fit the Jag HPFP. The one I did bend a bit was the one going to the fuel rail. They are a bit hard to bend. They just need to be bent slowly. I used a large screwdriver to do the small adjustments until it seats and the fitting screws in.