Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bosch Uprated Injectors

Lol I know I know. Trying to get an LSD and safety stuff before I start making the car faster. The FiST is slowly becoming my track/weekend car. However, I feel the temptation! That S280 keeps me up at night
You're going the route I'm going. Car's at the trans shop now for the LSD, and when it gets back I'm going to throw in the S280 sitting in my closet.

Incorrect. The jag pump can just be bolted in with no immediate tuning changes needed. The injectors need to be scaled for.

The XDI pump does require custom changes but that is an entirely different aftermarket pump.
So regardless, even OEM standard injectors would need to be scaled up within the tune to take advantage of the Jag hpfp.

I'm merely running an X-37. This sounds promising.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

So regardless, even OEM standard injectors would need to be scaled up within the tune to take advantage of the Jag hpfp.

I'm merely running an X-37. This sounds promising.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
No. No scaling needed with the stock injectors.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Update on the Jag HPFP. The car is my daily driver and it's been running great. Throttle response is quicker than before. Feels strong all the way to redline. Hopefully my tuner sees good things in the data logs. I will keep everyone posted.
I gotta guess that this is placebo. A richer mixture (which would be caused by more HPFP pressure) would dull throttle response. That you car is running well makes me believe that the Jag HPFP is fueling exactly the same as the OE. I hope that Jason finds something different.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Alright wish me luck! I ordered a set of Jaguar injectors today along with extra seals so that I can attempt the 'double seal' modification myself. I figure Pumaspeed knows what they're talking about and wouldn't go through all the trouble and expense of modifying these injectors if they didn't think it was necessary. I'm a machinist and have done a lot of specialty work on lathes so I'm confident I can do it, just a little concerned about winging it with no prints or dimensions of any kind to work with. We'll see how it goes. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!
So....did you end up doing this?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey everyone just sharing my experience: installed these last week and we are done with tuning after 4 revisions. Car holds 29psi with 2-3 degrees timing advance on 93 oct and feels so much stronger than it did on stock fuel. Turbo is S280 on stock exhaust with a Cobb high flow cat and Cobb intake.

My logs show the biggest dip in fuel rail pressure around 3-4K RPM where it drops from 2,600psi to 1,900psi, then recovers at around 4,350rpm, so HPFP seems happy for now until I start looking into ethanol.

car is a freight train and I’m extremely happy
Which ones did you install? Vendor or Rockauto?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Do the injectors need to Run the Black Stock seals or the white seals? Or are they both the same seal ....just different colors?

I gotta guess that this is placebo. A richer mixture (which would be caused by more HPFP pressure) would dull throttle response. That you car is running well makes me believe that the Jag HPFP is fueling exactly the same as the OE. I hope that Jason finds something different.
Not to mention you run into knock limitation before you run out of fueling on S280 with 93 pump gas. More fuel supply doesn't fix that.

Do the injectors need to Run the Black Stock seals or the white seals? Or are they both the same seal ....just different colors?

I got the ones with the white seals, everything I read or saw mentioned as long as you transfer the spacer on the old injectors it would work fine.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I got the ones with the white seals, everything I read or saw mentioned as long as you transfer the spacer on the old injectors it would work fine.
What I figured also....but no definite crystal clear answer there....always Vague/grey area. Go figure!

My guess as to why my car feels quicker/stronger than before is the fact that these are new/clean injectors and HPFP. The OEM injectors were very dirty. But it's just my guess, hopefully I get good news from my tuner soon.