Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car Dies while Driving: Immobilizer Malfunction Service Now

Sometimes while driving randomly or even instigated by hitting a bump, the car completely shuts off, or goes on/off/on/off. To fix this, sometimes I could simply turn the car off and back on again, or other times I have to get out of the car, wait, mess with the locks, and then try starting again. On a couple occasions I couldn't do anything, and the car is just stuck off with Sync 3 still on until the battery completely dies.

I would get this issue on stock turbo with stock tune, but the issue went away for 2 months while I was driving with a broken turbo. Now the issue is back with new big turbo.

I replaced the battery. - no fix - battery/alt/starter all tested fine with load test.

I'm guessing it is a bad ground somewhere or maybe a fuel pump issue, because I don't recall having this problem when my stock turbo was broken. Other similar threads mention replacing the alternator or keyfob battery do not fix the issue.