Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Considering Fiesta ST and leaving WRX

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and figured this was my best resource for real feedback. I live in Connecticut and I was wondering if anyone has made the switch from awd anything to the Fiesta ST? Im worried about the snow here. Thanks. Going to look at my potential Fiesta again on Thursday. I put a deposit on it.

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
I bought a Fiesta and have an Evo. I live in Cali so I don't have to worry about snow but going from AWD to fwd is a learning process. I can smash the gas pedal in the Evo and the car goes no tires slipping or torque steer. When I do that in the Fiesta I sometimes end up loosing some traction through first and every now and then the car pulls to one side things I never had to worry about in the Evo.

Get a good set of winter tires and you will be all set. I had no problem with my FoST during some of the worst storms ever seen up here and I went out every day plowed roads or not. Just got my FiST but I spent some time at Team Oniel in one and they handled that loose surface amazingly. I honestly can't wait to thrash this thing around in the snow :)

OP
dooku77
Thread Starter #6
I bought a Fiesta and have an Evo. I live in Cali so I don't have to worry about snow but going from AWD to fwd is a learning process. I can smash the gas pedal in the Evo and the car goes no tires slipping or torque steer. When I do that in the Fiesta I sometimes end up loosing some traction through first and every now and then the car pulls to one side things I never had to worry about in the Evo.
You had an EVO? Thanks for the feedback. Torque steer will take some getting use to

OP
dooku77
Thread Starter #7
Get a good set of winter tires and you will be all set. I had no problem with my FoST during some of the worst storms ever seen up here and I went out every day plowed roads or not. Just got my FiST but I spent some time at Team Oniel in one and they handled that loose surface amazingly. I honestly can't wait to thrash this thing around in the snow :)
That's amazing. My road doesn't get plowed because it's private. I have to do it myself and was worried about getting stuck.

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
You had an EVO? Thanks for the feedback. Torque steer will take some getting use to
Still have it. I commute 120miles a day so the E85 mileage sucks, the suspension is to rough and it's loud so I had to get something a bit more comfortable. Now it's just used for cruising and eating Subies and V8s [rockon]

OP
dooku77
Thread Starter #9
Still have it. I commute 120miles a day so the E85 mileage sucks, the suspension is to rough and it's loud so I had to get something a bit more comfortable. Now it's just used for cruising and eating Subies and V8s [rockon]
If I buy it, it will be my cruiser and my toy. That little car can do that? I've never seen one in person until yesterday.

I went from an STI to an ST, also in CA so I don't have to worry about snow. Torque steer is honestly not that bad but I couldn't tell you how it is in snow since I will probably never see snow in this thing.

OP
dooku77
Thread Starter #11
I went from an STI to an ST, also in CA so I don't have to worry about snow. Torque steer is honestly not that bad but I couldn't tell you how it is in snow since I will probably never see snow in this thing.
Your so lucky. Quite honestly it's a PIA to deal with. Everyone says how fun it is to drive in it, but not during a blizzard when the roads are closed. Do you like the ST over the STI? That was the car I was considering next until I happened upon the Fiesta.

Your so lucky. Quite honestly it's a PIA to deal with. Everyone says how fun it is to drive in it, but not during a blizzard when the roads are closed. Do you like the ST over the STI? That was the car I was considering next until I happened upon the Fiesta.
LOL I'm not a fan of the cold to be honest. My fam might be moving out of CA in the next couple of years so I may need to get used to it! On the subject of the ST, I am very happy with it. I sometimes miss the AWD and extra power of the STI but the ST has plenty for its size.

OP
dooku77
Thread Starter #15
LOL I'm not a fan of the cold to be honest. My fam might be moving out of CA in the next couple of years so I may need to get used to it! On the subject of the ST, I am very happy with it. I sometimes miss the AWD and extra power of the STI but the ST has plenty for its size.
I was quite impressed during test drive. Felt flat though unail 3rd gear and then it really shined.

Im in Colorado and came from an AWD Audi to an ST. Ive been impressed with its winter capabilities, just make sure to get good winter tires!!!

OP
dooku77
Thread Starter #18
I feel it at 2nd and up. I have an AP on order and a RMM, looking forward to see how much it helps.
I currently have an AP on my WRX I'm going to send to COBB for a software change. I already reached out to them. Only 150 dollars. Does ford offer tuning through dealer?

OP
dooku77
Thread Starter #19
Im in Colorado and came from an AWD Audi to an ST. Ive been impressed with its winter capabilities, just make sure to get good winter tires!!!
I know as a fact it snows like crazy there lol. I have 18" blizzaks in my garage, but I don't think I'll be able to sell the and get 17 before winter sets in here.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I was quite impressed during test drive. Felt flat though unail 3rd gear and then it really shined.
Boost on the stock tune is intentionally lowered to help mitigate torque steer. Once you get an accessport that will be taken care of. I came from a fully built 05 Subaru Legacy GT. Sti Block with Nitrited crank, Cosworth pistons. Arp studs, Carillo Rods, BC cams, BNR HT68 with billet turbine, AEM meth kit etc... I had it tuned at Efi Logics. I miss that car, but my FiST is a ton of fun, especially with upgrad d turbo. Never thought I would go FWD after the owning AWD and RWD cars, but this little car is a hoot, especially when you hand someone their breakfast in this little thing. Turn in is the best of any car I've driven. Get the Recaros of you fit, theyre great.