Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Convince me is this a classic worth 18k

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
you know the old saying "it's only worth as much as someone will pay for it" well it seems like a high price to me but truth be told you wont find these cars forever and most people on this site (we're the ones who really know what this little car is all about) would understand why someone else would buy it! Seems nice and looks brand new....friggin' go for it!!!!
Yeah I'd bite. Interest rates are low if financing. I almost walked on mine and dealer was like look, we're not going to do anything on price because we have 4 individuals behind you hoping you dont buy it. I wasnt about to lose it for an $8 or $12 dollar payment difference. Gave a little more down payment and signed the papers. And I am F'n happy about it!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It has a rear tint and a front lip. The PO didn't leave it completely stock, and they didn't drive it that much. This car has low miles and all the trim. Someone's going to buy it at this price. They know it.
If I were looking for this car with Recaros, I'd buy it, red or gray.
You can certainly wait awhile for a better deal. I see it as "buy now, don't cry later."
If one really cannot stand the seats 'clashing' with the car's exterior, they can always be sold, as they also have a virtual waiting list for them to be transplanted into base seat equipped cars (even though I personally would never do that), especially for ones almost brand new.

This could be done after one procures some smoke gray Recaros, and installs them, possibly even with a slight profit if the sought gray seats have a bit more miles on them.

It IS a pain to swap seats, but I get it as far as the dissonant color combos go, since I personally think that something as minuscule as the red calipers look quite 'funky' against the Orange Spice color cars, so the seats would be a major sticking point to me. [wink]

My only real regret with this car is not buying one with Recaros. I'm on the fence between waiting for a good pair to appear for sale or foregoing side airbags and installing some nice Sparcos.
Still waiting for the right Recaros. (Anyone reading this and wanna trade me theirs for base seats + $$, DM me.)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

It would be better if it had Storm grey Recaros* looks like Ronald McDonald's had a gang bang in it on the interior with the Spice orange Exterior.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Excuse me sir! It is an excellent combo, thank you very much! 😂

I got my car exactly a year ago, 2017 with 7500 miles and paid $16900. This has sunroof and reverse camera but is otherwise the same spec as my car. So possibly the price is a bit high, but it looks good.

OP
N
Thread Starter #27
Well I can see the clean ones sell quickly. So far I believe the CarMax 2018 Orange Spice RickyRecaro version is no longer available and the 2015 in Oxford White no Ricky's with 40k at the Subaru dealer close to me asking $12,900 is also gone.

Oh well FOMO effect in Full 1613803026204.png

Dpro

6000 Post Club
It would be better if it had Storm grey Recaros* looks like Ronald McDonald's had a gang bang in it on the interior with the Spice orange Exterior.

Yup this is exactly why I had to order mine. I was not going to buy one with Molten Orange Recaros only Smoke Storm here.

To the OP I managed to buy mine new for $19678 with the Recaro’s (Smoke Storm) and the Black wheels the one you are looking at has a sunroof as well which is a $795 option. Which would push the Blue book up. A year or so ago prices had dropped but I noticed recently prices have rebounded here in California. Everything 17 and newer that has low mileage is within a few thousand dollars of my car . Remember dealer used car prices are always more than private party. That 18 you could probably pickup for around 16-17k Private party. Oh and that one has a Splitter on it which is not stock. I wonder if there is anything else. Like a RMM possibly.
In fact that 18 has more mileage than my 18:ROFLMAO:. Though 24K is low to average.

Oh and those black wheels were painted or plastidipped. Cause the car does not have the Red Calipers that came with the Black wheels oops I guess it sold. Oh well for you,

Excuse me sir! It is an excellent combo, thank you very much! 😂

I got my car exactly a year ago, 2017 with 7500 miles and paid $16900. This has sunroof and reverse camera but is otherwise the same spec as my car. So possibly the price is a bit high, but it looks good.
Ya I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder:ROFLMAO:. I glad your happy with that. I would not be caught dead personally.

Last edited:

ronmcdon

I actually wouldn't mind the ronald mc donald gangbang seats on my grey fiesta. was indifferent towards them prior but with that moniker now I'm convinced, impressed and a little obsessed.

btw - surprised just how much less selection of used fiesta STs there are now compared to less than half a year ago when I picked up my used '19 with 5k miles.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My only real regret with this car is not buying one with Recaros. I'm on the fence between waiting for a good pair to appear for sale or foregoing side airbags and installing some nice Sparcos.
Still waiting for the right Recaros. (Anyone reading this and wanna trade me theirs for base seats + $$, DM me.)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
If I were not worried about insurance denying me medical coverage in a MAJOR, debilitating accident, due to the lack of side airbags (or front if I were to get an aftermarket steering wheel as well), mine would already have a set of Sparcos, or Status Spas in it right now. [wink]

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I watched 3 or 4 sell that I was screwing around with going to look at before I got serious and sent deposit via an app as soon as I found mine.

Most of the dealers know these cars SELL some will try to overprice even high mileage ones meh. But the nice low mileage...if found just pay the premium imo. The struggle is real.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yup this is exactly why I had to order mine. I was not going to buy one with Molten Orange Recaros only Smoke Storm here.

To the OP I managed to buy mine new for $19678 with the Recaro’s (Smoke Storm) and the Black wheels the one you are looking at has a sunroof as well which is a $795 option. Which would push the Blue book up. A year or so ago prices had dropped but I noticed recently prices have rebounded here in California. Everything 17 and newer that has low mileage is within a few thousand dollars of my car . Remember dealer used car prices are always more than private party. That 18 you could probably pickup for around 16-17k Private party. Oh and that one has a Splitter on it which is not stock. I wonder if there is anything else. Like a RMM possibly.
In fact that 18 has more mileage than my 18[emoji23]. Though 24K is low to average.

Oh and those black wheels were painted or plastidipped. Cause the car does not have the Red Calipers that came with the Black wheels oops I guess it sold. Oh well for you,

Ya I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder[emoji23]. I glad your happy with that. I would not be caught dead personally.
This is why your FiST if kept nice....WILL be one of the rare unicorns due to that....watch it happen. It will become an Aspen Typhoon or infamous Radar Blue Typhoon.

slopoke

Is that car worth the price to me? No, but I'm not the one considering purchasing it. Just remember, this is not an OTD price, but since you live in CA, add roughly 10 percent for taxes and registration.

But in this situation, how bad do you want it and with knowledge that this car is no longer in production, is it worth it to you? That's what you have to ask yourself, and what ever decision you come to, it has to be the right one. Because, it's the one you have to live with.

I watched 3 or 4 sell that I was screwing around with going to look at before I got serious and sent deposit via an app as soon as I found mine.

Most of the dealers know these cars SELL some will try to overprice even high mileage ones meh. But the nice low mileage...if found just pay the premium imo. The struggle is real.
So true. I'm lucky I bought one when I did judging by the current prices I've seen.

This orange FiST was $18k and had 24k miles, and 2-3 years old.

I bought my 2015 FiST from Carmax February 2018 (anniversary on the 28th!) and paid the same $18k even though it only had 9k miles on it.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
So true. I'm lucky I bought one when I did judging by the current prices I've seen.

This orange FiST was $18k and had 24k miles, and 2-3 years old.

I bought my 2015 FiST from Carmax February 2018 (anniversary on the 28th!) and paid the same $18k even though it only had 9k miles on it.
I am envious of everyone who bought either new or those that got great used deals pre Orwell's 1984 AND before ford cancelled the car.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Maybe one day I'll sell mine for what I paid for it. My car has 10,000 fewer miles.
Probably not though but you never know what if I lose my left leg or something.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

$17,988 going once going twice SOLD..SOLD..SOLD

WELL THAT DID'NT TAKE LONG...Carmax owes me my commission!

This car is currently unavailable.
CarMax Buena Park

https://www.carmax.com/car/20119946
View attachment 38358
There's quite a few out there, though. Carvana has a ton of them.

Edit: Just checked...HAD a ton of them. I swear I last checked a few days ago! :LOL:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am envious of everyone who bought either new or those that got great used deals pre Orwell's 1984 AND before ford cancelled the car.
I bought mine new but did NOT get the great deal on it that most others on here got.(Some actually got the same car, same year, etc., for almost $4K LESS than I paid! [crazyeye])

But even after arguing with Fred Beans vehemently over the price, once the car arrived there, after an almost 5 month factory order wait, and actually walking out on the sale at that point, they just would not budge off of close to list.

I NEEDED a car at that point (I had been without a car for over three of those months already, since I sold my dying, 250K mile LS1 Z28 by then), since unlike others on here I didn't have three others to use in the meantime, and I did not have the time to go through the whole process again, so they were able to screw me over on the price. [mad] [:(]

At least I got Ford's 0% interest loan, with $0 down, so that helped ease the pain a little bit.
I should have gone to Koons Ford (in the Baltimore area), and got it for the same or less than what everyone else on here paid for their little rockets. [wink]

Last edited:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The thing is I didn't even do any work to get a great deal. I simply read Ford was offering a $4,500 incentive, and said why the hell not. At the time they were offering $6,000 on the Focus that included the Focus ST.
I never would have paid full price for this car. I like it but at the end of the day it is a fiesta with a shit interior. Nothing special about the engine either.

I made it a huge priority of mine to always have an extra vehicle. When you grow up in a household with only one vehicle you learn to say screw that shit.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ford Community Posts