Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Coolant leak, trying to find a solution

Trying to figure out a solution to find the little culprit of my coolant leak.

It's dripping from above the metal cylinder where you can see the orange droplets, what is that cylinder?

still looking online to find a diagram of the ecoboost engine.

any advice?

Looking to solve this issue on my own, the dealers around me have a bad reputation.

Attachments

It's dripping from above the metal cylinder where you can see the orange droplets, what is that cylinder?

any advice?

Looking to solve this issue on my own, the dealers around me have a bad reputation.
The cylinder is your AC compressor, above that is the thermostat housing. That is more then likely the coolant leak issue. Could also be a loose lower radiator hose that connects to the thermostat housing, there are a few different
coolant hoses down there though. Hope this helps.

I had a similar problem. Orange staining, a slow coolant loss. Yet could never find where it was leaking.

A pressure test showed a pinhole in the upper radiator hose that I could never see-hot or cold.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I had a similar problem. Orange staining, a slow coolant loss. Yet could never find where it was leaking.

A pressure test showed a pinhole in the upper radiator hose that I could never see-hot or cold.

How many miles on the car, and what age was the car when this occurred?

felopr

probably the lower hose, is going to be a pain to remove it fyi

irontmp

U.S. Army Veteran

any advice?

https://alzaabiautocare.com/blogs/common-causes-of-car-coolant-leaks/
I have a 2015 A4 6MT with a coolant leak but I’m not a car tech guru so I wanted to get some input from the pros. I just got the unitronic stage 1+ tune two weeks ago (makes the car an absolute joy to drive again) and now I noticed low coolant levels. Not sure if the tune caused it or just the fact I’m starting to see issues due to the age of the car. It has 46k miles on it now. Anyway, I noticed the coolant levels were low but the car wasn’t overheating and I never got a dash light about it either. I topped it off yesterday and checked it after I drove home today and noticed coolant pooling in different areas around the reservoir. I traced it to a small crack in the reservoir about two inches long. It looks almost like it got cut with a box cutter. I patched it up with some JB weld from Autozone but wasn’t sure if anyone else has ran into this issue? I was planning on just keeping an eye on it to see if I can avoid repacking the whole reservoir. Also I am planning on going to Stage 2 and 2+ with the Unitronic 3” test pipe, inter cooler and K04 turbo. Any words of wisdom before I drop $6k on this setup?

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Considering I see liquid drops and dried marks on the hose in the upper right, and in the lower left foreground there's a lower hose and clamp, I'd suggest the clamp in the foreground is the source, spraying upwards and hitting the compressor and the other hose.