Cracked bumper

Opk10

Member ID
So I've owned my 2016 fiesta for just over 2 years now and my buddy backed into me last winter. About two months later I came out from the store and saw a crack right below my taillight I was furious. I drift stitched both of them and it kept me happy for a bit but tomorrow I am going to embark on the journey of plastic welding my bumpers Back together. Wish me luck

Attachments

PhoenixM3

Member ID
So I've owned my 2016 fiesta for just over 2 years now and my buddy backed into me last winter. About two months later I came out from the store and saw a crack right below my taillight I was furious. I drift stitched both of them and it kept me happy for a bit but tomorrow I am going to embark on the journey of plastic welding my bumpers Back together. Wish me luck
Remove them both, take them to a body shop and see if someone will do this for you. Area will require paint, so unless you can paint and perform a quality repair, I’d suggest leaving it to the professiona.

OP
Opk10

Opk10

Member ID
Thread Starter #3
Remove them both, take them to a body shop and see if someone will do this for you. Area will require paint, so unless you can paint and perform a quality repair, I’d suggest leaving it to the professiona.
I just got done with my rear defuser and it took several hours to get it to the point where I was happy enough to put filler on. (Yes I know I can't use normal body filler). I thought of it this way, I can buy everything I need to do the repair myself and if it comes out like shit atleast I learned. Then I will go get a new bumper and disc out the money for someone to paint it. I have always done everything on my vehicles and the skills I have learned were in direct correlation to a repair or an installation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PhoenixM3

Member ID
I just got done with my rear defuser and it took several hours to get it to the point where I was happy enough to put filler on. (Yes I know I can't use normal body filler). I thought of it this way, I can buy everything I need to do the repair myself and if it comes out like shit atleast I learned. Then I will go get a new bumper and disc out the money for someone to paint it. I have always done everything on my vehicles and the skills I have learned were in direct correlation to a repair or an installation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Good luck. If/when you buy a bumper, check out Tasca Ford online. If you’re close to them, you can avoid $300 in freight charges.