Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dead Hook Motorsports Factory Fitment Intercooler!!!

Trader history for DHM (0)

Etyrnus

Is that the hot side pipe they offer? If it is, I've had it for a while now. Nice upgrade, fewer possible leak locations plus consistent size vs the constriction of the stock section.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Is that the hot side pipe they offer? If it is, I've had it for a while now. Nice upgrade, fewer possible leak locations plus consistent size vs the constriction of the stock section.
Yeah same one. Russ is just saying he has them in stock to ship now. Or wait for his charge pipe.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Either is a good choice. If I didn't already have one I'd jump on it.
I think russ's part will be worth the wait and I'm in no rush anyway. Doesn't matter to me when I get it. I can see others jumping on the mbrp offer though.

i left it up to him. i don't mind the wait. but if it helps him out, i don't mind the mbrp.
they are almost identical (like 95% or more identical)

its not something any of us really truly need unless big turbo is in the plans... the stock hot side has been tested multiple times and is perfectly adequate for the stock turbo. but... i still wanted to swap it out for a more uniform piece.

I just got mine on this weekend. Black FMIC on a black car. I need to post a pic here soon. Super stealth.

So far so good with the intercooler. Nice and cool temps. I highly recommend this; bang/$$ either DHM FMIC is a winner.
Pics please as I'd love to see what mine is going to look like, thanks!

Etyrnus

i left it up to him. i don't mind the wait. but if it helps him out, i don't mind the mbrp.
they are almost identical (like 95% or more identical)

its not something any of us really truly need unless big turbo is in the plans... the stock hot side has been tested multiple times and is perfectly adequate for the stock turbo. but... i still wanted to swap it out for a more uniform piece.
It may not be entirely necessary, but you do get a bit more turbo sound, plus, it removes two possible boost leak locations by reducing the number of joins, which is always a good thing to me.

It may not be entirely necessary, but you do get a bit more turbo sound, plus, it removes two possible boost leak locations by reducing the number of joins, which is always a good thing to me.
yeah it gets rid of a possibly boost leak location..
and sure, the resonator isn't there so you MIGHT hear more turbo spool..
but strictly performance speaking, its not needed.

Thanks Russ for the great product and install. Nice to finally meet you in person. Looking forward to more business in the near future!
[/IMG]
Stage 2 complete and DHM will be doing a pro tune soon on the FiST. Very happy with the fmic and hot charge pipe.

Zissou

Pics please as I'd love to see what mine is going to look like, thanks!
Sure thing. It's super stealthy; you won't even see it unless you're looking for it. Which I like; it's a very clean look. I might take off that lower grille, but I'd still be left with the verticals supports.

Snapped one for the license plate thread

And next to Russ's right after visiting his shop

No clue how to make that one face the right way, so just turn you're head...

Any word for those of us who opted for the MBRP charge pipe can expect our intercoolers to ship?

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Any word for those of us who opted for the MBRP charge pipe can expect our intercoolers to ship?
Quote from his Instagram. I asked when the mbrp pipes were going to ship.
"I have a hand full that will be here then we will ship them out"

Such a crock of shit. The email he sent said
"Hello im emailing again today because i have made the initial hot pipe im going to offer. After producing it i see that the alum MBRP charge pipe on the market is much more cost effective and is almost identical to what im making. These i can ship out right away..."

Reminder he sent us that email on 9/3/15

Has anybody received tracking info.. Or are we waiting for him to get the pipes sent to him, so he can send to us?

As far as intercoolers.. Lol good luck

Quote from his Instagram. I asked when the mbrp pipes were going to ship.
"I have a hand full that will be here then we will ship them out"

Such a crock of shit. The email he sent said
"Hello im emailing again today because i have made the initial hot pipe im going to offer. After producing it i see that the alum MBRP charge pipe on the market is much more cost effective and is almost identical to what im making. These i can ship out right away..."

Reminder he sent us that email on 9/3/15

Has anybody received tracking info.. Or are we waiting for him to get the pipes sent to him, so he can send to us?

As far as intercoolers.. Lol good luck
Well I messaged DHM on Facebook and received a reply that said the MBRP charge pipes should be drop-shipping directly from MBRP to those who opted for them tomorrow and the intercooler itself should be shipping as well in a different shipment. So hopefully you and I will be seeing them next week sometime since we were in on the original group buy. Hoping that's all true!

I've sent multiple PMs on here as well as on Facebook with no response back, this was after being told over a month ago that I could expect a two week ETA on the intercooler (which is not being held up by the charge pipe). I don't mind waiting a while for a quality part, however no responses to any inquiry on an ETA? Especially considering payment was already sent and received, I'm going to say I'm not terribly impressed by the customer service experience in this situation. I'm not unsympathetic to real life situations, however a quick email or PM to just say "Yes I'm alive and still working on your parts", I don't think that's a high price to ask.

I'm fairly close to canceling my order and requesting a refund, however with the rate of communication that's happened in regards to a part, I don't know how long that would take either.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #816
I've sent multiple PMs on here as well as on Facebook with no response back, this was after being told over a month ago that I could expect a two week ETA on the intercooler (which is not being held up by the charge pipe). I don't mind waiting a while for a quality part, however no responses to any inquiry on an ETA? Especially considering payment was already sent and received, I'm going to say I'm not terribly impressed by the customer service experience in this situation. I'm not unsympathetic to real life situations, however a quick email or PM to just say "Yes I'm alive and still working on your parts", I don't think that's a high price to ask.

I'm fairly close to canceling my order and requesting a refund, however with the rate of communication that's happened in regards to a part, I don't know how long that would take either.
hey guys. I have been so over whelmed with support and orders. I have been turning away intercooler orders trying to get caught up. Starting a shop is not easy and is not your guys problem. Only thing i can do is give you a refund if thats what you want. again i am so sorry about this. I have not been on the forums alot because i have been trying to stay focused working. Having to stop and give updates to 20 plus people daily, plus calls, emails, and people coming in working by myself it been nuts and a suicide mission. im keep going and this weekend me and my part time fab guy are planing on running both welders on all the intercoolers hopping to get caught up. I parted out my damn race car because i can afford to spend time on it. I am trying damn hard and fell terrible about this wait. i never thought i would sell 25+ intercoolers as quick as i did and its been a little much. People will see some tracking numbers tonight as im doing those orders now. Again another thing that stops me from welding. Working by myself is crazy.

Russ

PLEASE PLEASE!!! Take a min to call or text me. 248-941-4992 this is my personal cell and if you are looking for updates i have been getting so many notifications its hard to skim through them and respond to them all.

Guys DHM is a small operation being run buy one guy who is personally hand fabricating these specialty parts made to order for us - a niche sports car market. Russ is the epitome of the American small business owner and even if it takes extra time to get the parts it's worth it for all of us. For robot reflex responses go with one of the drop shipping companies that has a department of sales people getting paid ten bucks an hour to sit in an office. On the other hand for specialty quality parts direct from the man building them you can't expect instant responses or even a 24 hour response on the 5 different medias he's receiving contacts from. Hell I sit at a computer all day and it's still hard to respond to my emails and by the time tomorrow's emails roll in I forget about yesterday's. I love seeing DHM posts come up every day but I know that when he's not posting for a few days it's probably because he's doing real work.

Etyrnus

Guys DHM is a small operation being run buy one guy who is personally hand fabricating these specialty parts made to order for us - a niche sports car market. Russ is the epitome of the American small business owner and even if it takes extra time to get the parts it's worth it for all of us. For robot reflex responses go with one of the drop shipping companies that has a department of sales people getting paid ten bucks an hour to sit in an office. On the other hand for specialty quality parts direct from the man building them you can't expect instant responses or even a 24 hour response on the 5 different medias he's receiving contacts from. Hell I sit at a computer all day and it's still hard to respond to my emails and by the time tomorrow's emails roll in I forget about yesterday's. I love seeing DHM posts come up every day but I know that when he's not posting for a few days it's probably because he's doing real work.
Exactly. A shop like DHM I'm more forgiving. Now Mishimoto on the other hand, with the delay we're seeing on the catch cans...

Etyrnus

Exactly. A shop like DHM I'm more forgiving. Now Mishimoto on the other hand, with the delay we're seeing on the catch cans...

Russ is the epitome of the American small business owner and even if it takes extra time to get the parts it's worth it for all of us .
How do you Figure?

On the other hand for specialty quality parts direct from the man building them
Until he figured out he was going to lose money on every charge pipe he made?

you can't expect instant responses or even a 24 hour response
Nobody here has been demanding that. Read the thread over again. This has been going on for months.

on the 5 different medias he's receiving contacts from.
That makes it even worse.

Hell I sit at a computer all day and it's still hard to respond to my emails and by the time tomorrow's emails roll in I forget about yesterday's. .
Sounds like you have a great life.

I love seeing DHM posts come up every day but I know that when he's not posting for a few days it's probably because he's doing real work.
I love seeing Posts come up in this thread just dreaming of that Glorious tracking number! Like Charlie from willie wonka. And when he?s not posting we have all the people who chime in about how we should be patient for his schedule.