Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM EFR Turbo Kits!!! Finally here!!!

Trader history for DHM (0)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I looked into the EFR in the spring of 2014, went with the Cyborg, 1st one, it was cool but I wanted something bigger so hired Russ to build an EFR kit and it just did not turn out as expected, I should of listened to Russ from the start as he wanted to build me a GT or GTX kit. Though it is great fun I am changing again, there are GT2560, the GTX2867 cars now and I am getting the GTX2860 so there will be numbers to compare to each ones needs.

I would gladly sell you my EFR6258 with Turbosmart WG and Recirc upgrades if interested or possibly the whole kit for the right price, less than 1k miles on it.

Sorry to resurrect an old topic; but I was wanting to know more about this kit as I was initially looking at a possible EFR 6258 setup as there is no end of praise for the EFR turbos that Borg and Warner offers; especially in the Focus community. I searched, but could not find out why the kit was discontinued from Russ. Were there issues with it? Even RAAM switched off of it. Very curious to know more about what went wrong here to cause discontinuation as it feels like DHM was our only hope for this aside from Peron.

I mean I have no issues going with a Garrett setup, but the idea of an EFR was pretty exciting.

Anyone care to offer some insight?

Sorry to resurrect an old topic; but I was wanting to know more about this kit as I was initially looking at a possible EFR 6258 setup as there is no end of praise for the EFR turbos that Borg and Warner offers; especially in the Focus community. I searched, but could not find out why the kit was discontinued from Russ. Were there issues with it? Even RAAM switched off of it. Very curious to know more about what went wrong here to cause discontinuation as it feels like DHM was our only hope for this aside from Peron.

I mean I have no issues going with a Garrett setup, but the idea of an EFR was pretty exciting.

As far as I know, the Garrett turbos out performed the EFR's by every quantifiable standpoint. More power, quicker spool, better boost control and I know some people weren't happy with the sound.

As far as I know, the Garrett turbos out performed the EFR's by every quantifiable standpoint. More power, quicker spool, better boost control and I know some people weren't happy with the sound.
Hey thanks for the response! Sad to hear we couldn't get the EFRs to perform right. Purely from a hardware perspective, they seem to be the better candidate (Lighterweight moving parts and all) for the platform; but if it didn't work, well... it didn't work. Maybe down the line it will be an option. I guess I'll be going with a 2554 build. Those seem pretty promising.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I will finally be taking the EFR off the car soon to ship the manifold, etc back to Russ to convert it a GT2560R billet wheel setup. If you know anybody that wants a good deal on a low use DRF6258 with Turbosmart WG and Bypass valve as well as a DP that likely could be modded to fit let me know know:)

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #66

Im Currently working on a all vband EFR set up with external wastegate. It will be just like our GTX kit minus the BOV and with a EFR. I will have more info soon!!

thanks!

Russ

Im Currently working on a all vband EFR set up with external wastegate. It will be just like our GTX kit minus the BOV and with a EFR. I will have more info soon!!

thanks!

Russ
Very exciting! When can we expect more information? It's great to hear you're taking another swing at it. Will the 6258 be on deck?

TempeST

I hope Russ [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION], doesn't mind if I bring this back from the dead... only a few months old...lol

Any way, I ended up buying RAAMAudio's old EFR setup(turbo/downpipe/silicone/chargepipes/oiland water lines, NO MANIFOLD), and when I did, I also changed the Turbine housing to a Vband style rather than the T25. My turbo and Downpipe are currently at DHM and undergoing testing/fitment for an all Vband setup IWG EFR 6258 DHM setup. So maybe, if everything works out as planned we will have results for everyone in the next coming month or so. I'll be sure to show everyone how the progress goes with it and with plenty of pictures as well. The turbine housing on the EFR is much larger than the garret at 0.85a/r, so spool I would expect to be slower than the Quick spool kit. I am hoping to make around the same HP or more on less boost though. only time will tell.

Russ is being a HUGE help to me making a manifold for this setup for me. I tried using the PumaSpeed v series but was unsuccessful as the turbo with IWG is too big and clocked in the wrong direction, causing it to hit the engine block. I asked around locally and nobody wanted to touch that thing or even do an EWG setup for me. but Russ offered to make a Manifold and I immediately took him up on that offering. I'm sure Russ will have much more info on the setup. :)