Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM EFR Turbo Kits!!! Finally here!!!

Trader history for DHM (0)

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Hmmm now how am I going to slip this one by the wife...
Try some: I've had limited (no) success

"its for you not for me"

"The parts need replacing anyway decided to get something better"

"How did that get in there?"

"Strange, don't remember ordering this. Let me call and inquire about it. Honey, this company Dee, Hitch, MMM or something said they shipped it to me by mistakes and it is too costly to ship back. If I could use it they would waive a large portion of the fee."

"It followed me home, can I keep it? I promise to feed it!"

"But [insert neighbour's name] has two of these. Why can't I have just one?"

"Since you did not know what to get me for my birthday/anniversary/xmas/ I decided to help you and got this."

"Happy anniversary!!!"

pwnall1337

Vendor
I'm going to order one of these this month along with the catback exhaust that's in R&D. lol only 290 miles on my FiST.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
Which is it? Flat torque or Flat hp? [confused]

Looks like a nice kit, are you going to offer it with management and intercooler etc to make it complete?
What you quoted says flat tq and gives a range for peak hp. It says nothing about flat hp. These power levels are not just a drop in tune and go. Each car should be tuned with kit install. If someone wants a intercooler with there will be discounts.

Russ

What you quoted says flat tq and gives a range for peak hp. It says nothing about flat hp. These power levels are not just a drop in tune and go. Each car should be tuned with kit install. If someone wants a intercooler with there will be discounts.

Russ
I ask because if you have flat torque there is no "range" for peak hp, it would be a peak at max rpm (or at the highest rpm until torque begins to fall). If there is a "range" of peak hp (that means that it flattens out generally) then you have torque falling during that range. Thus my questions as to which it is.
If it truly is flat, 210wtq from 4000-7000 is perfect! Will allow great traction and the most fun powerband, pulling hard to redline [rockon]

About adding management, of course it should be tuned, but I mean as a bundle including an accessport and the intercooler for a "full" kit.

Also, will you plan on selling "partial" kits, minus turbo and ancillaries, essentially a pipng/manifold kit?

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30
I ask because if you have flat torque there is no "range" for peak hp, it would be a peak at max rpm (or at the highest rpm until torque begins to fall). If there is a "range" of peak hp (that means that it flattens out generally) then you have torque falling during that range. Thus my questions as to which it is.
If it truly is flat, 210wtq from 4000-7000 is perfect! Will allow great traction and the most fun powerband, pulling hard to redline [rockon]

About adding management, of course it should be tuned, but I mean as a bundle including an accessport and the intercooler for a "full" kit.

Also, will you plan on selling "partial" kits, minus turbo and ancillaries, essentially a pipng/manifold kit?
If tq is 280 but drops 20ft lbs after 6k does that mean I can't call it flat?? Let's not be so damn specific and picky. A soft ball is flatter than the stock tq curve lol and peek power is were ever you limiter is. So if you want me to add some words I. There for you I will. But at the end of the day not everyone will be happy right? If someone wants a Cobb I will sell them one with it. Also as for partial kits it's hard to warranty something when it's not bought from the supplier. Will I sell separately yes but not without reason.

Russ

If tq is 280 but drops 20ft lbs after 6k does that mean I can't call it flat?? Let's not be so damn specific and picky. A soft ball is flatter than the stock tq curve lol and peek power is were ever you limiter is. So if you want me to add some words I. There for you I will. But at the end of the day not everyone will be happy right? If someone wants a Cobb I will sell them one with it. Also as for partial kits it's hard to warranty something when it's not bought from the supplier. Will I sell separately yes but not without reason.

Russ
I am picky (not negative though, don't mistake discussion for negativity) because flat torque to redline is a significant claim, not easily achieved without doing headwork fans starting with a good flowing head) and usually having an oversized turbo.
My Subaru has a similar "flat" torque curve, from 3000-6200 but still drops 25wtq to 7000. That drop means I am 35whp short of my goal of 400... Lots left on the table, thus my interest in this kit if the claims are true. That last 800+rpm make a HUGE difference on the road/track ;)

Will be nice to see the dyno graphs!

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
I am picky (not negative though, don't mistake discussion for negativity) because flat torque to redline is a significant claim, not easily achieved without doing headwork fans starting with a good flowing head) and usually having an oversized turbo.
My Subaru has a similar "flat" torque curve, from 3000-6200 but still drops 25wtq to 7000. That drop means I am 35whp short of my goal of 400... Lots left on the table, thus my interest in this kit if the claims are true. That last 800+rpm make a HUGE difference on the road/track ;)

Will be nice to see the dyno graphs!
This graph is from a certain customer car with a 6258 EFR kit from Peron. Our kit utilizes a higher flowing manifold and some other key differences. but hope this defines flat...

231wtq@4k rpm to 227wtq@6.5k rpm

I assure you headwork is not needed for this claim. If i said 500hp with flat tq then that would be a little diff. This engine wants to make this kind of power and is happy there.

Russ

That's decent, will like to see yours on a dyno at 7k. Are you only using VD or a real dyno?

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #34
That's decent, will like to see yours on a dyno at 7k. Are you only using VD or a real dyno?
I will have chassis Dyno results soon enough. But I have been using vd for 4years and chassis dynos for over 8years and have never seen a tq curve change unless the Dyno could not load the car enough.

pwnall1337

Vendor
My order is pending deposit, but the tq seems a little low. Is 300 whp/300wtq not possible?

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #36
My order is pending deposit, but the tq seems a little low. Is 300 whp/300wtq not possible?
very possible with the right fuel system. With the right boost curve you could make the tq spike that high and then taper off. However the linear power of this efr kit is out of this world. We are limited by our fuel system keep this in mind.

Russ

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
My EFR kit and the IC/bumper beam are due to arrive here on Friday:):)

I am exceptionally curious to see how this kit compares to the Peron kit as quite a bit of difference in the manifolds.

And then how they both compare to the DHM GTX kit, of course!

Exciting times here in the FiST boost world, to say the least:):):)

pwnall1337

Vendor
My EFR kit and the IC/bumper beam are due to arrive here on Friday:):)

I am exceptionally curious to see how this kit compares to the Peron kit as quite a bit of difference in the manifolds.

And then how they both compare to the DHM GTX kit, of course!

Exciting times here in the FiST boost world, to say the least:):):)
Did you pre order a DHM kit? If so let me know how the fitment is and how everything works out. I'm installing cobb stage 3 when all the parts get here (ordered), but I will still need a turbo solution about 30-40 days later.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I bought an EFR with the plan to DIY but then talked to Russ and we came up with the plan to make the manifold and DP which we both could sell but it evolved into a complete kit which is really best for most of us. He has been deeply involved with RodMoe's Peron EFR kit as well as the GTX version of his kit so it has taken some time to get the EFR kit sorted out but much was learned in this time which will prove to be very valuable and help figure out what is the best kit for each ones needs.

With the exception of my DIY intake this should be a plug and play system, I will just make the mod(s) to fit it to my intake.

Russ will have tuning files to work from for the EFR from Peron, the DHM EFR and GTX, etc systems which will really help in dialing in each car, which should be done.

If you want some serious power from your FiST, DHM is the best game in town and keeps getting better:)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Just unpacked fresh off the UPS truck, the very first US made EFR turbo kit:)

And the DHM IC/bumper beam as well.

The pics being posted have been great, in person, even better!

The manifold is very compact and low weight for what it is, exactly what I asked Russ to build for us, superb job, thanks:):):)

Rick