Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM EFR Turbo Kits!!! Finally here!!!

Trader history for DHM (0)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Oh yeah!

I originally was going to build my own adapter to the stock ported manifold and then decided a compact tubular one was better and was considering building one but it is a very serious amount of demanding work and then has to be welded very very well so I would of paid for that part like the last manifold I built.

I was so impressed with what Russ was doing I had to call and ask about building the EFR manifold for me and so others could get them as well, DP also and he gladly took on the job and look at what we get a complete very well made kit!!!:):):)

The manifold is just 10lbs, 11.1oz on my calibrated shipping scale, amazingly low weight, I would love to see what the stock manifold and ATP adapter weighs in comparison!

Soo happy to see this kit, DHM thx you so much for developing this. Now after my wheels this is next on the list haha

My order is pending deposit, but the tq seems a little low. Is 300 whp/300wtq not possible?
300wtq with only 300whp isn't necessary, just a lump of low end torque you would almost never see or use. The powerband we were discussing above is far superior, will have better traction and more importantly feel much better with an even pull to redline versus the feeling of falling on its face.
Drop the deposit, you will love it ;)

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #45
300wtq with only 300whp isn't necessary, just a lump of low end torque you would almost never see or use. The powerband we were discussing above is far superior, will have better traction and more importantly feel much better with an even pull to redline versus the feeling of falling on its face.
Drop the deposit, you will love it ;)
He decided Cobb stg 3 was more his style.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #47
speaking of tuning....what system did yall run to tune it? And would a cobb ap still work if you got a custom protune done?
Yes all we use is Cobb and your unit can be retuned by any pro tuner or if you have the atr software.

Russ

What kind of power could one get out of this kit with an e30 or e40 ethanol mix on the stock fuel system? Pending funds, I am pretty sure I will be ordering this in the next week and a half.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #50
What kind of power could one get out of this kit with an e30 or e40 ethanol mix on the stock fuel system? Pending funds, I am pretty sure I will be ordering this in the next week and a half.
You would run out of fuel around the 270whp mark. On straight 93 it will make 310-320whp.

Russ

You would run out of fuel around the 270whp mark. On straight 93 it will make 310-320whp.

Russ
Crap. We only have 91 and E85 here. I am wanting to pass 300whp.

On a side note with my Speed3 I can get 60-70whp more out of an e30 mix. Is the difference here that the ethanol adds thickness to the fuel and it can't push it in the amount that it needs?

---------------Edit----------

What about 91 and methanol?

We also have many ethanol free 91 stations here, but I was under the impression that ethanol was beneficial in keeping knock down in a turbo'd car.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #52
Crap. We only have 91 and E85 here. I am wanting to pass 300whp.

On a side note with my Speed3 I can get 60-70whp more out of an e30 mix. Is the difference here that the ethanol adds thickness to the fuel and it can't push it in the amount that it needs?

---------------Edit----------

What about 91 and methanol?

We also have many ethanol free 91 stations here, but I was under the impression that ethanol was beneficial in keeping knock down in a turbo'd car.
Yes it is. But you need a lot more fuel to make the same power when running ethanol. We have a limited fuel system can only flow so much fuel. This has nothing to do with "thickness" or viscosity of the fuel. It has everything thing to do with the BSFC of ethanol compared to gasoline. 91 Oct this kit would make over 300whp no problem.

Russ

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
It will make all I need on 91 which I am tuning on as that is what I have here and many states I will be taking the car to in the back of our trailer.

I also will have the 5th injector setup when it is ready, it will make more power but I want it more for the help of keeping the valves clean, 300 WHP on a road race track is a lot of power!
---------------

I am finally over a nasty bug and working on the car, it will be running by tomorrow hopefully!

I have some fabrication work to do, my car is highly modified and the EFR kit is a bolt on for a less modified car so it will be an easy install for most everyone:)

Looking more and more like this is the way I will be going... I like the idea of a mid-low 12 sec fiesta! How is the daily drivability with this will all the works (meth) etc. and how has the torque down low been hurt by this kit? Really noticeable?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Still tuning on my car, biggest number yet was 280WHP, 91 Octane, 5200 elevation, 6900 ft DA(thin air here in Utah)

Drives very well just cruising around, would never know it is a bit of an animal when let loose....

Then bring up the boost and hang on, it just gets up and gone!

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Still tuning on my car, biggest number yet was 280WHP, 91 Octane, 5200 elevation, 6900 ft DA(thin air here in Utah)

Drives very well just cruising around, would never know it is a bit of an animal when let loose....

Then bring up the boost and hang on, it just gets up and gone!
Hey Rick, I'm assuming since you have numbers you can also post a plot so we can see what the curves looks like?

And how long does it take to reach peak boost?

Much appreciated....Thanks!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Still a lot of tuning to be done so I will hold off posting any plots, etc, until done so more realistic info is available which will be more fair to DHM and to those considering it and comparing to other options. I wish it was already done but I was sick, then sold the house so getting ready to move, a very big move, and they tore up the roads and I cannot even get to the place I make the runs at some days.

Sorry, I hope we can get to that stage soon!

Sincerely
Rick

J2FoRS

So, there's only 50 dollars price wise seperating the two kits as far as I can tell, what would the reasoning for not going for the higher rated HP one be?

Also, the kits include DP, which I assume is necessary for the bigger turbo, however, we would need to be running an IC better than stock already in order to run such a kit correct? So other than tacking in the price of an IC, nothing else would be needed for these kits other than the protune?

Thanks in advance!

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #59
We are not offering the efr kit any more. I will take some time this week to give more info