Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM Race Crash Bar and Intercooler!

Trader history for DHM (0)

Charge temps should stay right inline with out side temp no matter what the intake air temp. That's part of our design! To bad some people still don't understand.
Don't mind me, I will just be over here dreaming about the low charge temps. This is not making my work day go by fast. Have a little bit before all of my stuff arrives. Can't wait. [ridinghorse]

Heck, I remember putting bags of ice on the stock intercooler in my Mazda to try to get the boost air temps down closer to ambient...

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #363
Would this kit be good if the car sees mostly street use and stock turbo?
We have sold a few of these and most including our shop car gets daily driven and is on a stock turbo. This is a superior kit for stock turbo or big turbo. Is it for everyone no. We are offering a factory replacement intercooler right now in the Vendor Deals section.

Russ

Any plans to have another group buy for the Race Intercooler and bar or will it only be for the factory-fitment version?

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #365
Any plans to have another group buy for the Race Intercooler and bar or will it only be for the factory-fitment version?
After the 4th I was thinking about a group buy for this kit buy I would have to get 5 people and it would be $775

Sounds perfect, you can definitely add me on that list for after the 4th.

Would full price with charge pipes included be an option as well?

Thanks!

Finally received my DHM race crash bar and installed a new Airtec FMIC at the same time. Installation of just the intercooler is scary easy, as most of you know. Installing a DHM crash bar with a stock location fmic is just a couple of steps longer. The factory airbag sensor plate welds were cut off at the factory crash bar and bolted on over the DHM crash bar mount. The only thing I didn't have was a nut for the horn mount, which I found in a junk drawer. Otherwise everything bolts up easily.

I drilled air holes in the air bag sensor plate and vertical radiator support bar. I also sanded the grill backing. Some sort of plastic will be installed to keep air from escaping on top of the fmic. It's a beautiful thing.

Ok need to know how people are getting the bottom plastic piece in front of the crash bar off. I see some people with the entire front honeycomb grille open while stock they come with the lower half blocked off.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Yup I happened to use a 5 inch orbital sander with 80 grit and taped off the edges so I knew I was touching the sides I did not sanded.. Took a few hours and lots of clean up after .. Easy work just time consuming .. Well easy once it's done .. Lol

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Still tuning the car and I need to divert airflow better as I lowered the DHM IC 2" to fit my oil cooler so less direct air hitting it. I will make some ABS ducting to seal around it as well as other coolers to ensure the most air possible flows through them instead of around them. So far doing great but my numbers are a bit higher than others will see due to the lowered position of the IC, 90 degree day, pull from 2k to 7447 RPM, highest charge temp was +9 degrees. When it was 70 degrees out the temp was only a couple of degrees above ambient.

This is an amazing IC and bumper beam package for an incredible price, love it!