Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM Race Crash Bar and Intercooler!

Trader history for DHM (0)

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere but can someone confirm if the mishimoto oil cooler can mount up to the dhm crash bar? If so, what was done or modified to run this oil cooler safely. Thank you!

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #723
I'm sure this has been covered somewhere but can someone confirm if the mishimoto oil cooler can mount up to the dhm crash bar? If so, what was done or modified to run this oil cooler safely. Thank you!
Couple people have done it but I don't know the details off hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Russ, do you guys run these on your guys' cars? Is this oil cooler really worth getting for our cars or is the mishimoto radiator plenty? I haven't installed the intercooler and crash bar yet because I wanna get a few more parts before I completely tear apart the front end.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #725
Hey Russ, do you guys run these on your guys' cars? Is this oil cooler really worth getting for our cars or is the mishimoto radiator plenty? I haven't installed the intercooler and crash bar yet because I wanna get a few more parts before I completely tear apart the front end.
I never use the oil cooler. The Mishi thermostat is worth its weight in gold! I ran 20min sessions at a local road course 330whp and never got the oil or coolant above 200-205. That was with stock rad and fan

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Couple people have done it but I don't know the details off hand

I've done it. You need to run a 10 row cooler, and I used roll bar accessory clamps to attach the cooler to the crash bar. It works really well and looks really clean.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I've done it. You need to run a 10 row cooler, and I used roll bar accessory clamps to attack the cooler to the crash bar. It works really well and looks really clean.

Awesome. Thanks [MENTION=2054]Perfblue15[/MENTION]

I've done it. You need to run a 10 row cooler, and I used roll bar accessory clamps to attack the cooler to the crash bar. It works really well and looks really clean.

Awesome. Thanks [MENTION=2054]Perfblue15[/MENTION]

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Ask and you shall receive.

This is before the clamps when I had a bar rigged to hold the cooler. I used universal roll bar accessory clamps in 2 1/4 Id if I remember corrrctly and bolted the oil cooler to the calmps. I'll see if I can get a better picture of that later. I put the grill back on the car, so pics are hard to get now.

Does anyone else running this intercooler thinks it sits up too high? The gap from the intercooler to the front bumper is kind of bugging me.

Ask and you shall receive.

This is before the clamps when I had a bar rigged to hold the cooler. I used universal roll bar accessory clamps in 2 1/4 Id if I remember corrrctly and bolted the oil cooler to the calmps. I'll see if I can get a better picture of that later. I put the grill back on the car, so pics are hard to get now.
That is one sexy car, had to go find your build thread so i can read it later. [clap] Thank you for the pics!

I never use the oil cooler. The Mishi thermostat is worth its weight in gold! I ran 20min sessions at a local road course 330whp and never got the oil or coolant above 200-205. That was with stock rad and fan

How does the Mishi thermostat hold up when it gets cold out, in your opinion? I really want a DHM race IC and Crash bar, but I live where temps go from 20 to 100. Does the Mishi thermostat suffer in lower temps, as in not heating up quick enough, or not providing sufficient heat when the temps drop?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #737
Does anyone else running this intercooler thinks it sits up too high? The gap from the intercooler to the front bumper is kind of bugging me.
Rod 1 by Russell Culver, on Flickr

Not sure what gap your talking about. If everything is adjusted and mounted correctly the intercooler is at the bumpers lower grill. The "gap" in the center or open space is because the bumper is curved and intercooler is straight. Any intercooler that fits tighter pushes on the bumper or need bumper modification.

IMG_7504.JPG
Rod 1 by Russell Culver, on Flickr

Not sure what gap your talking about. If everything is adjusted and mounted correctly the intercooler is at the bumpers lower grill. The "gap" in the center or open space is because the bumper is curved and intercooler is straight. Any intercooler that fits tighter pushes on the bumper or need bumper modification.
I was hoping the intercooler would sit down lower but I don't think it physically can.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #739
View attachment 13009
I was hoping the intercooler would sit down lower but I don't think it physically can.
That picture it looks crooked. Also make sure the lip center support is not pulling the center of the bumper down. You should bable to loosen everything crash bar included and get it tight

That picture it looks crooked. Also make sure the lip center support is not pulling the center of the bumper down. You should bable to loosen everything crash bar included and get it tight
So loosen everything up again and hopefully the driver side will drop down? Is this because the radiator and condenser support might have shifted too much? I did have some trouble with things lining up on the install. Is there any instructions on how it install this? I just saw a YouTube video and winged it.