Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM Race Crash Bar and Intercooler!

Trader history for DHM (0)

FiST25

I'm pretty sure it's been answered, but Was is the deal with removing the OEM air bag sensor? Is it I just won't have an airbag?

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Oh... I was going to run the crash bar w/o the bigger intercooler for better cooling, weight savings, and easier oil cooler mounting. Will I have to fabricate my own mounting point for the airbag sensor if I don't use the DHM race intercooler?

the airbag sensors are not eliminated, only relocated.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Oh... I was going to run the crash bar w/o the bigger intercooler for better cooling, weight savings, and easier oil cooler mounting. Will I have to fabricate my own mounting point for the airbag sensor if I don't use the DHM race intercooler?
yes or you can cut off the one on the stock bumper and use that. it's been done. there's photos floating around on the forum somewhere, but its pretty straight forward.

Rhinopolis

When installing the front crash bar, will a floor jack positioned center under the radiator be enough to support the radiator/fan unit when I remove the stock crash bar and until I put the DHM one in place?

Rhinopolis

[MENTION=235]koozy[/MENTION]

Please help answer these questions, anyone that can answer them for me.

1. What are the crash sensors used for and what exactly happens when they "trigger"?

2. I am running the Cobb FMIC (no stud to mount the crash sensors on to) and if I found a secure place that I could zip tie them securely to, what would be the harm in doing this vs mounting them on to studs like they were on the factory crash bar?

Thanks,

Ryan

koozy

3000 Post Club
[MENTION=235]koozy[/MENTION]

Please help answer these questions, anyone that can answer them for me.

1. What are the crash sensors used for and what exactly happens when they "trigger"?

2. I am running the Cobb FMIC (no stud to mount the crash sensors on to) and if I found a secure place that I could zip tie them securely to, what would be the harm in doing this vs mounting them on to studs like they were on the factory crash bar?

Thanks,

Ryan
They are the airbag sensors, they trigger the airbags to deploy in the event of a collision that triggers them.

I would not zip tie them. Someone in a similar situation with a Cobb(like) intercooler cut off the mounting plate that runs horizontally end to end off of the stock OE bumper to mount the airbag sensor to.

Guys im lazy so i am probably going to repeat a question...

With a stock turbo setup, what would be the downside of running the big DHM IC? Only thing I can think of is weight. As a Texan, the heat scares my car when I am in traffic.

And side topic, I had a 07 WRX that was the 2.5l with an upgraded turbo and was able to run the STi TMIC with sprayers with no issue. the STi TMIC is tiny compared to most of Fiesta aftermarket FMIC. Do the tiny ecoboost motors, just not cool well?

Rhinopolis

I made a simple airbag sensor bar utilizing lightweight and rigid strut. Looks and performs well, and the DHM piece is really nicely done. Very happy that I made this purchase

Attachments

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
We recently got a delayed order back from waterjet. At this point, intercoolers are being welded up, and will start shipping out soon (we actually shipped one the other day).
Are these all sold? If not I want one

I have the Tial BOV that goes on the intercooler i was wondering about the vacuum line. Is that a hose I have to buy or is it already in the car? I was watching "liteswitch" YouTube video on his install and I'm just a little confused about that part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I have the Tial BOV that goes on the intercooler i was wondering about the vacuum line. Is that a hose I have to buy or is it already in the car? I was watching "liteswitch" YouTube video on his install and I'm just a little confused about that part.

No, it's not already in the car. The vacuum line you'd be looking for is 6mm (1/4 inch) ID. If you have a MAP vacuum block or a throttle body spacer, the vacuum line can be installed there. Otherwise, you can use a T fitting and vac line to tap into the line near the throttle body and run the BOV line from there. You can pick up vacuum line at pretty much any auto store. I highly suggest the Turbosmart vacuum block, and Turbosmart vacuum line, though.
At any rate, email me and I'll see what I can do. isaac@deadhookmotorsports.com

See picture for tapping. Tap in between arrows:

Last edited:
Thank you for the helpful info Isaac. I will keep the email handy, I'm dying to get this thing on the car...This Week! Just making sure I got what I need before I take bumper off.