Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Don't Be Stupid like Me, Let The Car Cool Down.

PhoenixM3

because they won’t listen when we advise them to upgrade their intercoooler and radiator. Both of which are severly lacking for the North American continent IMO.

P.S. I am not calling out the OP on this. I am just stating the fact that we do get quite a few who we mention upgrade but they choose not too.
I’m on my third FiST and only one of them has had problems with cooling. My DHM race intercoole/crash bar has been installed on all three cars, which I’m sure has helped. The one instance where we did suffer a high temp, but not limp mode condition was on the Nurburgring.

Cpar21HS

bleed the coolant system, i bet you have an air bubble in there. a local guy had this issue, he had never touched the coolant system, bled it, no more problems. his car is 17MY fyi

Ive had some overheating issues at autox. Ever since then, I've ran with the heater on full blast. I've never overheated again.

Ive had some overheating issues at autox. Ever since then, I've ran with the heater on full blast. I've never overheated again.
You shouldn't have to run the heater to keep the car in safe operating temperatures. And do you have a Cobb AP or some other method of showing the actual temps?

You shouldn't have to run the heater to keep the car in safe operating temperatures. And do you have a Cobb AP or some other method of showing the actual temps?
No, I run in HS, so I have no use for a Cobb AP. I've only ever overheated on super hot days on a fast course with lots of rev limiter. I'm not too worried about it.