Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Don't Let Oil Temps Stop The Fiesta! Mishimoto Oil Cooler R&D!

meFiSTo

Salivating. However, very much interested in seeing how this and the radiator play together. Would be nice to see metrics on that combination once you have that thing up too.

Great job! Thanks for the update. I hope the 19 row would not jack up the price too much. This looks like a must have mod for me , along with the OCC.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #47
Thanks for taking a look!

with that sandwich plate how much room is left between the filter and the radiator? Will the taller fl400s still fit?
Good question! The installation of our kit will require removal of the factory liquid-to-liquid heat exchanger which mounts below the oil filter. In its place, you will mount our oil filter sandwich plate. The sandwich plate is actually thinner than the stock heat exchanger, so any filter that fits on the stock ST should work with our oil cooler as well.

[MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION]
Nice write up...And great job!
Thanks!

I need this in my life
Pretty soon we can make that happen! Pre-sale information on the way soon.

Salivating. However, very much interested in seeing how this and the radiator play together. Would be nice to see metrics on that combination once you have that thing up too.
Thank you very much! Once we have both projects complete we can certainly put together some data with our full cooling setup in place.

Keep it coming! Nice work!
Thanks for the kind words guys!

Great job! Thanks for the update. I hope the 19 row would not jack up the price too much. This looks like a must have mod for me , along with the OCC.
The inclusion of the larger cooler should not make a huge impact on pricing. Our discounted introductory rate will be a very nice deal. We should have exact pricing details for this, as well as an estimated ship date, within the next couple weeks.

Thanks for all of the feedback guys!
-John

meFiSTo

You guys should take the instrumented car out to the track with the full setup and see what happens at a typical track day (5 or 6 sessions of 20 minutes or so). Just sayin'. ;)

Make a bundled presale price for oil cooler and Catch can.. [cheerleader]
Excited as I going to make my own and now I don't have to now. Would love to see the radiator come out at the same time so that The track guys can solve all cooling issues in one day installs.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #50
You guys should take the instrumented car out to the track with the full setup and see what happens at a typical track day (5 or 6 sessions of 20 minutes or so). Just sayin'. ;)
Agreed! Hopefully we can arrange this once we have all of our cooling components complete in R&D. The oil cooler is complete, the radiator is at around 50%-60%, and we are also tackling a FMIC in the near future.

Make a bundled presale price for oil cooler and Catch can.. [cheerleader]
Excited as I going to make my own and now I don't have to now. Would love to see the radiator come out at the same time so that The track guys can solve all cooling issues in one day installs.
Thanks for the recommendation! It's unlike that we will have a bundle for these two components in particular, but the pre-sales will likely be live within the same time-frame so you only have to place one order for both items. The radiator will be a bit behind both of these items but we are working to complete this project. It wont be rushed, as we want this product to perform and fit to the highest standards, but we have our team on it! In fact, we were testing an initial prototype on the road yesterday. Results will be posted up in the near future!

Thanks for the feedback and interest guys!
-John

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #52
Any time line on when this will be released? Any idea on pricing?
Thanks for the interest! We are still a bit early to determine exact information for this kit. That being said, we are hoping to have our kit ready to ship to pre-sale customers in early September. We will launch a discounted pre-sale within the next couple of weeks which should have more exact shipping information as well as full pricing details.

Thanks!
-John

I will be pre-ordering all your parts. (Catch can has been for a week now) and if everything is out before December I'll have logs from last years track day to campare with this years setup. (Stage 3) Nothing will be changed other than your cooling parts. if I'm lucky and they are out before November I will also have logs of an event around that time period. I'm more than happy to send those to you guys to post ??

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
If not mentioned before I would suggest a complete replacement of the terribly designed crash sensor mount as it is so restrictive to airflow.

Of course you would probably have to sell this kit for "off road use only" to protect your company from lawsuits, etc.....since modifying the mount.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #55
I will be pre-ordering all your parts. (Catch can has been for a week now) and if everything is out before December I'll have logs from last years track day to campare with this years setup. (Stage 3) Nothing will be changed other than your cooling parts. if I'm lucky and they are out before November I will also have logs of an event around that time period. I'm more than happy to send those to you guys to post ??
Great, thank you very much John! We should be launching our discounted pre-sale for our oil cooler in the very near future, and our intake will follow once it is complete. We should have a ton of awesome components released by the end of this year, many coming in the next few months. Looking forward to your results from track driving, please send this over via PM when you post them up!

If not mentioned before I would suggest a complete replacement of the terribly designed crash sensor mount as it is so restrictive to airflow.

Of course you would probably have to sell this kit for "off road use only" to protect your company from lawsuits, etc.....since modifying the mount.
Great recommendation here, thank you! The front crash beam is a very intricate piece on the front end of the Fiesta and certainly serves numerous functions, the primary being safety. I do see huge benefits in terms of airflow with eliminating the massive surface area of this piece and opening up the grill for improved flow. I will pass this on to our team and see if this is a project we are interested in tackling. We are hoping the addition of our oil cooler and radiator provide a solution to rising fluid temperatures on track. So far, the results from testing have been very positive!

Thanks for the input guys!
-John

another restrictive area is the fan shroud. (as I can sure someone there noticed already) Instead of us guys that have swiss cheesed ours with drills and deremels, a redesigned one that allows better airflow at speed or even a larger fan would be beneficial to those unwilling to cut stuff up.

Rhinopolis

another restrictive area is the fan shroud. (as I can sure someone there noticed already) Instead of us guys that have swiss cheesed ours with drills and deremels, a redesigned one that allows better airflow at speed or even a larger fan would be beneficial to those unwilling to cut stuff up.
What is the point of the shroud design from Ford? If it's restrictive at speed, why design it that way?

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I didn't see this asked before, and it may not be feasible since you are already working on a separate radiator and an oil cooler. I think a combination radiator and oil cooler where this is one unit, where the oil cooler is on the bottom of the radiator would work for the stock crash bar as well as for those of us that have the Deadhook Motorsports crash bar. You may want to consider this option. This would be fabricated like your radiators for cars with automatic transmissions. With the radiator mounting holes in the front to mount the Deadhook intercooler, this would work very well, as well as for all other aftermarket intercoolers and the stock IC. I would buy this option in a heartbeat.

Also it allows the stock cooling fan to pull the most air across the radiator surface in traffic or while stopped thus helping to cool it.