Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dynojet vs. Mustang Dyno

I wonder if we will ever see a true form of capitalism without all this gov't interference..god knows the Framers didn't intend this to be the final product...anywho [offtopic]

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I wonder if we will ever see a true form of capitalism without all this gov't interference..god knows the Framers didn't intend this to be the final product...anywho [offtopic]
And you would be correct. [wink]

Now to get us back on topic, I redirect to....

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I finally got the Dynojet WinPEP software to display both curves (horsepower & torque) on the same graph. I still have no idea how to save to a jpeg file so I can upload the graph here. I also played around with the different correction factors and smoothing. I sure do like my DIN (German) correction...gives my best run 186 hp and 235 pft at the wheels with a smoothing of 5. LOL. Something that really irks me about the LG dyno settings. Altitude is set at 4500 ft of altitude, yet the dyno is located at about 350 ft. [screwy] I tried to manually reset the value but won't let me. My SAE uncorrected values only gave me 1 hp and 1 pft torque more than corrected.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Some really good information there discussing the differences in the two dyno's... [biggrin]

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Anyways, I am headed back to the Mustang Dyno on Wednesday to dyno the exhaust system against my baseline, installing the FSWERKs intake and doing 3 more pulls.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Anyways, I am headed back to the Mustang Dyno on Wednesday to dyno the exhaust system against my baseline, installing the FSWERKs intake and doing 3 more pulls.
Can I send you some money or a t-shirt[wink] to do a couple of pulls with the stock tune and some with the Cobb tune? Interested in seeing the performance gains.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Can I send you some money or a t-shirt[wink] to do a couple of pulls with the stock tune and some with the Cobb tune? Interested in seeing the performance gains.
I'd love to... unfortunately, changing tunes and then doing the OAR relearning takes too much time on the dyno and I don't want to annoy Cobb too much. A simple $80.00 dyno test against baseline becomes a half day, $250-$300 tuning session. lol. I think any power/torque gains if any on an OTS map will be great. Just wondering at what point the OTS map gets overwhelmed by mods and needs a tweak. Even if exhaust shows minimal gains it could just be that it goes beyond the OTS tune directives and a new tune needs to be developed so that these mods will work optimally. That and I am really digging the long term fuel trim and learning that my car has on the 93 octane, stage 1 tune now with the exhaust in place. I'm almost afraid to switch back. heh [wink]

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I'd love to... unfortunately, changing tunes and then doing the OAR relearning takes too much time on the dyno and I don't want to annoy Cobb too much. A simple $80.00 dyno test against baseline becomes a half day, $250-$300 tuning session. lol. I think any power/torque gains if any on an OTS map will be great. Just wondering at what point the OTS map gets overwhelmed by mods and needs a tweak. Even if exhaust shows minimal gains it could just be that it goes beyond the OTS tune directives and a new tune needs to be developed so that these mods will work optimally. That and I am really digging the long term fuel trim and learning that my car has on the 93 octane, stage 1 tune now with the exhaust in place. I'm almost afraid to switch back. heh [wink]
LOL no worries I see what you mean.