Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ebay intercoolers

Jerickson88

I've considered it but you can get a Whoosh v1 shipped for $299, and I'm not sure but I believe there's still a 5% off?

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #3
Discount codes? That may help my cart, downpipes add up~

danbfree

3000 Post Club
They are not bad quality, honestly, but they used to be like $160 just a few months ago (on a 15% off day) and I'm kicking myself for not getting one then... Now, at $220, you may as well get a Depo or Whoosh for $300 shipped, they are pretty much identical and the one for $220 is smaller, but honestly may be a bit easier to install too... So maybe if they allow the 15% discount on one of those days you are looking at under $200 and would be worth it then, I have it saved on my watch list too.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
$87 shipping... trust me, been following the cheap ones out there. There are a couple on AliExpress that do come out to just under $200 shipped too.

This one is $192 shipped arriving in 3 weeks.

US $99.17 6%OFF | Fits For F*ord Fiesta ST 2014-2017 Tuning Front Mount Intercooler High Performance
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cOO7yNri

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
we do have an affordable V1 intercooler for 299 shipped plus 5% off using the forum discount code but if you look close at the dims these are really small in comparison
not saying it wouldn't still be an upgrade from stock but they are short and have 7 bars of airflow vs pretty much all other stock replacement intercoolers i.e. whoosh V1, depo, whoosh v2, cp-e etc have 8 rows

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is a clone of a Mishimoto intercooler, their factory fit intercooler is one of the smallest stock fitment replacements out there. My partner has a legit Mishi one on his car and wants to change it out, he regularly sees over 110* charge temps during "spirited" driving. So I can't imagine it being made with an even cheaper core, the only benefit over stock would be it wont be plastic / metal.

Also those "air direction" plates it comes with caused some cooling issues on his car too, so we removed the top one.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
This is a clone of a Mishimoto intercooler, their factory fit intercooler is one of the smallest stock fitment replacements out there. My partner has a legit Mishi one on his car and wants to change it out, he regularly sees over 110* charge temps during "spirited" driving. So I can't imagine it being made with an even cheaper core, the only benefit over stock would be it wont be plastic / metal.

Also those "air direction" plates it comes with caused some cooling issues on his car too, so we removed the top one.
a few guys on FB installed this eBay cooler and left those off due to poor fitment (what I read, not my experience with this part)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
we do have an affordable V1 intercooler for 299 shipped plus 5% off using the forum discount code but if you look close at the dims these are really small in comparison
not saying it wouldn't still be an upgrade from stock but they are short and have 7 bars of airflow vs pretty much all other stock replacement intercoolers i.e. whoosh V1, depo, whoosh v2, cp-e etc have 8 rows

Yep, there was Mishimoto design that is not very popular at all that got sold off to inexpensive Asian production... from seeing first hand from someone who ordered one, the quality is actually quite good and it works in lowering charge temps for sure. The stock intercooler sees temps over over 140 at times after just a few pulls in hot weather and 140 charge temp is when timing /power begins being cut on top of the power losses running higher temps in the first place... Anyone who just wants a bump up in IC performance for a stock turbo car that is never tracked certainly would benefit from one of these, but for only $100 more you are going to get at LEAST that much better performance and US vendor based support too.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I've held both whoosh intercoolers in my hands and the quality is great, my v2 install fitment was perfect (though some instructions or a how-to video on the site would be great! I forgot to move the little nippley things off the stock IC before reassembling the front of the car whoops).

*personally*, I know I can sometimes get parts faster or cheaper but I want to support whoosh due to Ron's active position in the community - and when I email ron with a question, he responds pretty quickly.

Anecdotal, I know, but I ordered an intake for my Fiat Abarth that was a chinese clone of an american product; when I looked inside it there were metal flakes and bits all over the place because it was never flushed after assembly - I had to clean up the inside of an intake before use because half a teaspoon full of metal flakes were in the POST FILTER part of the intake. If you order a cheap chinese clone, you should probably flush it a few times before install.

Where can I find the discount code? Thanks!

I have an eBay one. The eBay Mishimoto knock off is bar and plated instead of tubed and fin like the real design. I have no issues with it, but still going to upgrade when I do a turbo upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk