Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

eBay radiator installed

OP
D
Thread Starter #21
Quick question for anybody really. What would be the best way to seal the radiator shroud to the radiator?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Many on here have used the heating grade foam with adhesive backing found at Home Depot/Lowes.

I just use that heating/duct shiny silver 'foil' tape also found in the plumbing/heating departments of those stores.

YES, it IS 'sloppy', looks like crap, and is impossible to get ALL around the whole shroud (unless you pull the whole assembly out of the car LOL), but it fills in the huge gaps from shroud warpage, and will do until I get a Mountune/Pro Alloy radiator, along with a new factory shroud (or a higher flowing, bigger aftermarket fan sans shroud). [wink]

OP
D
Thread Starter #23
I picked up the 3m foil tape from the depot to replace the HVAC foam tape I had already applied from my ebay rad install... Really bad application! So I'm stuck at this moment. I have huge gaps all around and a nasty rattle which is coming from the condenser jostling about on the fingers which which attach to the radiator. I'm this case I guess it pays to get a complete kit for hopefully less headaches but overall it can be remedied with diy.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

I recently joined the ebay radiator club. I got the GPI Racing one. It's a mishimoto clone and I had to fabricate my own mounting brackets for the factory fan shroud. It actually sits closer than I expected and don't see the point putting the foam back. It heats up normally to 191 and fluctuates from 188 to 200 depending on outside temperature and my driving aggressiveness.

I recently joined the ebay radiator club. I got the GPI Racing one. It's a mishimoto clone and I had to fabricate my own mounting brackets for the factory fan shroud. It actually sits closer than I expected and don't see the point putting the foam back. It heats up normally to 191 and fluctuates from 188 to 200 depending on outside temperature and my driving aggressiveness.
Did it have a bleed valve? I'm currently in the market for either the worley or gpi, and I know it's possible without, I just want that extra ease of bleeding.

Update on ebay radiator. It survived the deep south Texas heat. It ran great with the AC blasting on max and sitting in traffic. Highest temp I saw was 205°F and hard acceleration got up to 210. Outside temps were always 95+ now that it's cooler than summer, South Texas winters are anywhere from 40° to 90°, I hardly ever get to 200°. The GPI racing radiator has been great and if you want to save some money get one. You will need slight fabrication skills to make your own fan shroud brackets.

Dpro

6000 Post Club

Intuit

3000 Post Club
They could be giving stuff away on FlEaBay... personally wouldn't touch it. Wwwwwwaaaaaayyyyy too many negative experiences.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
They could be giving stuff away on FlEaBay... personally wouldn't touch it. Wwwwwwaaaaaayyyyy too many negative experiences.
It's been a throw of the dice with me * a crapshoot you could say!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

NOVA_Ranger

U.S. Army Veteran
@[B]draxxus131[/B] Hey mate just got the Chinese radiator that you got as well. Can you confirm that the bleeding valve should be at the top? Radiator should be mounted like bellow with the bleeding valve at the top?
A bleeder valve wouldn't work very well on the bottom, if that helps any.

A bleeder valve wouldn't work very well on the bottom, if that helps any.
Most of the radiators i have seen have the bleeder valve at the bottom. Also i tested my OEM shroud and it attaches correctly with the valve being at the top. On the other hand those chineese guys in their auction have picks with the valve being at the bottom. Check bellow, thats why i asked to make sure correct fitment.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163407501099