Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

eBay radiator

Dialcaliper

How do you know what I think? You don't know me. LOL!
What I know is there are junk Chinese parts and high quality Chinese parts. It is about quality for me and Mountune has always provided high quality products for my car. NOW you know what I think about this. My Mountune radiator fit like stock and no mods needed to mount it. Drop in......
You should all get your facts straight. CSF (Mountune) radiators are made in Indonesia, not China….

Tons of things are made overseas, for any country it all comes down to the manufacturing process and quality control, even for stuff made in the US

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
You should all get your facts straight. CSF (Mountune) radiators are made in Indonesia, not China….

Tons of things are made overseas, for any country it all comes down to the manufacturing process and quality control, even for stuff made in the US
I'm sorry I don't see any mention of where Mountune radiators are made, I don't care. That is the point, our FiST's were made in Mexico with international parts and has been the most reliable car I have owned, what I am saying is I trust Mountune to supply me my parts. When it came in we removed it and installed it, did not even look for a "made in" tag. I do not trust an eBay store. And yes I trust quality Chinese stuff like my phone and laptop. I could have used any country for the example I made. Including the USA. So we can agree that it comes down to QC oversight by the contracting company.

OP
agangel
Thread Starter #23
Lol!!! you think mountune makes their parts in the USA. They're all made in China, like I said I've had my GPI Racing intercooler that I bought off eBay for 2 years zero problems and it actually cools 1-2 degrees better than a mountune one. I've installed both because I have a friend who's a brand person too and his mountune radiator fit just as bad as my eBay one. The GPI racing one actually got better because I recently installed another one in a new Fiesta ST buddy and it actually got better than my older GPI radiator. It's your money but I would save some and get the eBay radiator.
So I just want to know if you had to take the crash bar off to install the GPI radiator or did it slide in like a stock replacement? I'm very curious about this aspect. I don't want to take the whole front end off again. Any tips from your experience from the install would be much appreciated.

OP
agangel
Thread Starter #24
Hey I just want to thank everyone for there opinion. If there is a reliable radiator for under 300$ that has been used in multiple fiestas with no problems this could be a great option for someone to do a build on the cheap. We would just need to know how to approach the install if this is a viable option. Money is hard to come by sometimes. I understand the risk involved in buying a generic product, but I have had success in the past with cheap parts. Knowledge is power!!!!!

So I just want to know if you had to take the crash bar off to install the GPI radiator or did it slide in like a stock replacement? I'm very curious about this aspect. I don't want to take the whole front end off again. Any tips from your experience from the install would be much appreciated.
I just slide it from the bottom, an extra pair of hands help so bringing a buddy is key.

How do you know what I think? You don't know me. LOL!
What I know is there are junk Chinese parts and high quality Chinese parts. It is about quality for me and Mountune has always provided high quality products for my car. NOW you know what I think about this. My Mountune radiator fit like stock and no mods needed to mount it. Drop in......
The GPI radiator dropped right in like your precious mountune one. The OP is asking if saving a few bucks on a eBay radiator is worth it and I answered his question. I never claimed to know you I just said that mountune radiators are not made here in the USA since almost all things we buy are made in another country. Keep buying them quality parts you like and I'll save money on my end.

Last edited:

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
The GPI intercooler dropped right in like your precious mountune one. The OP is asking if saving a few bucks on a eBay radiator is worth it and I answered his question. I never claimed to know you I just said that mountune radiators are not made here in the USA since almost all things we buy are made in another country. Keep0 buying them quality parts you like and I'll save money on my end.
Reread what you wrote........"Lol!!! you think mountune makes their parts in the USA." Your statement....again how do you know what a person thinks? Are you gifted with a second sight? Having an opinion is great....claiming to know what people think is a school yard argument. Or to quote you again "They're all made in China....", really? Nor did I say anything about any intercooler, different post your read? Good reading skills are an important thing to me.

I have always paid for quality and thankfully I can afford it much easier now. We are talking a couple of hundred bucks here. I'll pass on the eBay stuff, saving $200 bucks is not worth it to me or many others on this forum who can afford it outright or can save the money to get a quality part. I have never been in the how cheap can I do it school, some are, especially since there are many cheap used FiST's available and some people will pursue HP cheaply. Your car is your decision on what parts you put on it. Mine or my daughters FiST's will not get generic parts.

I'll tell you a true story on the real costs of generic parts. There was a guy who built up a nice business building LS engines for hot rods. Got so busy I used to assemble the heads for him. Then he lost his mind and started using "generic" parts to sell cheaper engines. The failures killed his reputation, got him sued and he closed down his business. The internet never forgets and his name will always pull up his failures. From owning his own shop with a great income to a manager at an oil change place back living with his mom with an income of 1/4 of what he was making. How do I know? It was my son that learned a very hard and expensive lesson. And yes he got an "I told you not to do that" from both his dad and grandfather. Both of us with a long history of owning successful businesses. By all means continue to do what you want, that is your privilege as it was his. But refrain from claims of you knowing what people think and confusing your posts.
"nuff said.
Fist On!

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Reread what you wrote........"Lol!!! you think mountune makes their parts in the USA." Your statement....again how do you know what a person thinks? Are you gifted with a second sight? Having an opinion is great....claiming to know what people think is a school yard argument. Or to quote you again "They're all made in China....", really? Nor did I say anything about any intercooler, different post your read? Good reading skills are an important thing to me.

I have always paid for quality and thankfully I can afford it much easier now. We are talking a couple of hundred bucks here. I'll pass on the eBay stuff, saving $200 bucks is not worth it to me or many others on this forum who can afford it outright or can save the money to get a quality part. I have never been in the how cheap can I do it school, some are, especially since there are many cheap used FiST's available and some people will pursue HP cheaply. Your car is your decision on what parts you put on it. Mine or my daughters FiST's will not get generic parts.

I'll tell you a true story on the real costs of generic parts. There was a guy who built up a nice business building LS engines for hot rods. Got so busy I used to assemble the heads for him. Then he lost his mind and started using "generic" parts to sell cheaper engines. The failures killed his reputation, got him sued and he closed down his business. The internet never forgets and his name will always pull up his failures. From owning his own shop with a great income to a manager at an oil change place back living with his mom with an income of 1/4 of what he was making. How do I know? It was my son that learned a very hard and expensive lesson. And yes he got an "I told you not to do that" from both his dad and grandfather. Both of us with a long history of owning successful businesses. By all means continue to do what you want, that is your privilege as it was his. But refrain from claims of you knowing what people think and confusing your posts.
"nuff said.
Fist On!

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
"I have always paid for quality and thankfully I can afford it much easier now."

I totally agree with your opening sentence. That's the way I go through life. Buy cheap and you pay for cheap stuff.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It also becomes a prospect of a VERY much more co$tly scenario when one must pay BIG buck$ for the labor to install all of this stuff (due to not having the facilities, nor a buddy with a shop/garage/or even private driveway in order to DIY), and then if the cheaper ebay stuff fails, we MUST pay for all of that full labor again to remove the failed part and then install the new part.

Now we've paid MUCH more coin than we just saved on those cheaper parts, beyond just the 'pain' of our own labor efforts and wasted time. [:(]

True, the 'known quantity' name brand parts can fail as well, but the chances of their quality control, and manufacturing itself being better are much greater. [wink]

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I bit the bullet and had Mountune fit my radiator for me. Cost a few bucks more but at least I can sleep at night knowing that if I have a problem, they're close by.

Lol ok guys, to each their own. I like to save money and cheap parts have never failed me. Oh and so you know I can afford the more expensive parts too. I'm glad you all are happy paying for name brand quality parts. I'm happy buying used parts and cheap parts. Good thing I save even more money by doing my own part installations and maintenance. So if these cheap parts fail I'll just fix it myself.

OP
agangel
Thread Starter #37
Just a little bit...
For those who haven't clicked on the link, here's a hint, the shipping is $1 more than $1,499!
Lol maybe they cought on we were talking about it and upped the shipping. Yeah that one's a little pricey for me. Mountune would be the cheaper option. 😂

Just be careful I got one for $260 ish and the hose necks were on the wrong side, I had to Mickey mouse the fuck out of it and cut into my front clip to make it work for the sake of making it to work on Monday, temps are fantastic as it's a 4 pass and twice as thick, but if you're uncomfortable with custom fab you might get caught in a bad situation.

OP
agangel
Thread Starter #40
I did the installation over the weekend, It took maybe 3hours. Fitment was probably 3/5 as most of the mounting points had to be bent to mate up. Only ran into one big problem which was my AC stopped working post installation. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me and trouble shooting took some time. At first I thought I must have punctured the AC condenser but on the cobb AC pressures were fine just the AC compressor wasn't kicking in. I woke up the next morning and did a KAM reset out of desperation and it started working fine after that. During the installation of the radiator I put in a new coolant reservoir as my old one was cracking. So only thing I can think is I got some radiator fluid on the AC compressor and shorted it out. But everything is all good now. Temps are frosty AF and AC is blasting ice. I will update next time I do a mountain run.