eBay radiator

Member ID
I did the installation over the weekend, It took maybe 3hours. Fitment was probably 3/5 as most of the mounting points had to be bent to mate up. Only ran into one big problem which was my AC stopped working post installation. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me and trouble shooting took some time. At first I thought I must have punctured the AC condenser but on the cobb AC pressures were fine just the AC compressor wasn't kicking in. I woke up the next morning and did a KAM reset out of desperation and it started working fine after that. During the installation of the radiator I put in a new coolant reservoir as my old one was cracking. So only thing I can think is I got some radiator fluid on the AC compressor and shorted it out. But everything is all good now. Temps are frosty AF and AC is blasting ice. I will update next time I do a mountain run.
How was your experience?

OP
agangel
Member ID
Thread Starter #42
So far eBay radiator has been great. I haven't done a full blown mountain run yet but temps seem pretty good. I would say it was well worth the price.

OP
agangel
Member ID
Thread Starter #44
Same here my eBay radiator is chugging along, going strong 3 years now I've lost track of the mileage already it's been at least 60k.
Yeah I really don't think there is a problem with them. My only regret is getting a double pass instead of a triple but whatever temps seem great so far.

OP
agangel
Member ID
Thread Starter #45
There is so much fear with budget parts. On this thread one story explains how eBay car parts ruined a life. Some parts regardless of price are shit, some budget part a solid AF! It takes a community to find out and try new things so we can spread this knowledge. Money is hard to come by and a dollar saved is a dollar earned. Happy wrenching people go fast with out going broke.