TheStig

Member ID
Id love the Cobb CBE but the cost is what is deterring me, they are not out of line on cost AT ALL. Every COBB component Ive seen cut no corners and you pay for their fervent R&D and quality materials. Just alot compared to other systems.

It does sound the best though.

Member ID

SPhilli911

Member ID
That sounds really good. The crackles and pops have me sold.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Member ID
I cant really hear the crackle and pops on mine from the inside of the car :(

Member ID
Why did you go with the dead hook motorsports catless downpipe?
I have a list of reasons. The main one is because the quality of the downpipe. It's amazing. The price is perfect. I was going to go with 2jz but it's 409 and gets rusty. I seen DHM, and had to have it. And I also got it installed by the owner Russell. Probably coolest guy I have met. He is awesome. He worked with me on the install time, and the product just plain out speaks for it self. It's 303 SS. The welds are unbelievable. And he built it for me after I ordered it. Honestly the best looking downpipe on the market. Period.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Member ID
I have built many different cars and had hundreds of parts, spent hundreds of thousands on this stuff....for this car, Cobb or DHM depending on your particular goals, they are the best for the FiST and some of the very best I have seen for any car.

Original J-Pat

Member ID
I have built many different cars and had hundreds of parts, spent hundreds of thousands on this stuff....for this car, Cobb or DHM depending on your particular goals, they are the best for the FiST and some of the very best I have seen for any car.
DHM for track Cobb for daily?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Member ID
I was mentioning those brands for quality of construction and care they put into the design and performance of the parts.

As far as track versus daily driver there are some variables to consider, for a stock turbo the Cobb exhaust is probably more than enough, for the big turbo a 3" exhaust more likely best but I am no expert on this, not many are. I have researched quite a bit, read all the books, etc, but I have only built two turbo systems and learned as I went and did well but decided to go with DHM on this car because I just to not care to build such parts any longer, it is far more work than it may seem.

For the IC, the Cobb is dang fine and not real heavy and just from looking at the design, large frontal area in direct air flow, great end tanks, it has to function very well. I bought one to swap from the J-Line which works great but very heavy and my car was to light in the back and unstable under high speed braking so I spend the extra money to loose some weight up front, I was going to do other things as well.

Then the DHM was offered and the total weight is only around 4lbs more than the stock bumper and IC saving even more weight and obviously a much bigger IC for a very reasonable price so I ordered the first one(I let them sell it to somebody else while waiting for the EFR turbo to be built) and the great guys at Rallysportdirect let me ship back the Cobb since I had not even opened the box, I was not even in town, my wife shipped it for me.

One thing to consider, the stock turbo maximized and likely the Cyborg to a lessor degree are going to make a lot of heat at full boost. A bigger turbo will move more air with less boost and thus not create as much heat, that said, the DHM still may be the best IC even on those turbos.

In another thread I posted a 2.8 charge temp increase over ambient temp in 86 degree weather with the EFR at 18.39 PSI(just starting to tune) and I have not finished the ABS sheeting to ensure all the air possible flows through it instead of around it.

I did build my exhaust and was determined to make it the freest flowing one I could and I did but it was 3 times more work than others I have done.

Not sure how much help this is, it might be best to dig in and research and to contact who actually are experts.

Member ID
[video]https://youtu.be/zLUm3G8ZwxI[/video]

I had been meaning to get a good driving video of my exhaust.

Custom built myself with 3" stainless with a magnaflow 12198 muffler. No resonator.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Member ID
The TBE sounds great but God that BOV sounds awfully annoying.

Member ID
I ended up getting the MBRP 3inch Stainless Steel Catback Exhaust and then proceeded to get it powder-coated in black.

c5ee9639-7005-43eb-8f19-94c331f42d2c.large.jpg