Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Should give it a bit of grumbly character if my experimentation with my Fiat and FiST is accurate. Like, just a little added savagery right?
Its got me thinking though I do like my Thermal, but it would be cool to have a little more grumble. Dual side by side 1 1/2 inch piping . The question is getting piping like that in a mandrel bend. I think it might wind up being expensive in a one off.

Quick note its funny but it seems asl ages its geting more audible. I started it up yesterday after lunch and my motorcyle buddy was like ya put a pipe on it.

Spork1569

I was hoping to buy the mountune exhaust sometime in the following weeks but it looks like they are currently on backorder.

I noticed mountune also sells the Ford performance exhaust for the FiST. Does anyone have the exhaust and is it just a rebadged version of the mountune(which is what I'm hoping for).

I can't really find any sound clips of it on a FiST on YouTube so hopefully someone can chime in.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I was hoping to buy the mountune exhaust sometime in the following weeks but it looks like they are currently on backorder.

I noticed mountune also sells the Ford performance exhaust for the FiST. Does anyone have the exhaust and is it just a rebadged version of the mountune(which is what I'm hoping for).

I can't really find any sound clips of it on a FiST on YouTube so hopefully someone can chime in.
I do not think they are the same. I have heard the Ford Performance is a Borla repackaged.

Spork1569

I do not think they are the same. I have heard the Ford Performance is a Borla repackaged.
I'll look for some sound clips of the borla then.

I found out recently borla is actually based out of my hometown so I'll somewhat support the local economy as well I guess

I've had their stuff before and is pretty good quality as well, it was a touring exhaust so a bit milder than other exhaust but the note was great when redlining.

I just fell in love with the mountune sound over YouTube though just sucks that it isn't available.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Interesting I find I am liking my Thermal more and more . I should probably do an external sound video I am used to hearing it from inside the car. When I was getting my alignment yesterday I got some time to hear from outside and I really liked the burbly deep sport sound it had. Definitely sounded like the car has a healthy engine . Lol

Spork1569

Interesting I find I am liking my Thermal more and more . I should probably do an external sound video I am used to hearing it from inside the car. When I was getting my alignment yesterday I got some time to hear from outside and I really liked the burbly deep sport sound it had. Definitely sounded like the car has a healthy engine . Lol
Might just be that the sound clips don't do the thermal justice, but the sound didn't really catchy ear too much.

Does it sound much better in person?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Might just be that the sound clips don't do the thermal justice, but the sound didn't really catchy ear too much.

Does it sound much better in person?
I think it its gotten throaty as its broken in so to speak. When I first bought it the idea was no drone . It did not sound bad and it burbled and popped at higher rpm. Though most of the videos online barely did it justice. Not sure why? Bone stock cars? No Tunes? I am tuned, also you should check out SirSinclairs vids he has the same exhaust combined with a MRX Turbo. It sounds pretty nice. Don’t know what your plans for turbo are or if you are gonna stock turbo. All I know as mine seems to sound nicer over time. It is also louder than the Mountune off idle.

I think it its gotten throaty as its broken in so to speak. When I first bought it the idea was no drone . It did not sound bad and it burbled and popped at higher rpm. Though most of the videos online barely did it justice. Not sure why? Bone stock cars? No Tunes? I am tuned, also you should check out SirSinclairs vids he has the same exhaust combined with a MRX Turbo. It sounds pretty nice. Don’t know what your plans for turbo are or if you are gonna stock turbo. All I know as mine seems to sound nicer over time. It is also louder than the Mountune off idle.
Making me even more excited to get my Thermal so I can get it installed.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Same with the CP-E Nexus system, except it does have that booming/'rorty' resonance at some (NOT all) acceleration rev ranges, unlike the Thermal. [:(]

CSM

1000 Post Club
Same with the CP-E Nexus system, except it does have that booming/'rorty' resonance at some (NOT all) acceleration rev ranges, unlike the Thermal. [:(]
Is that what you have? I know mitch is testing new resonates for that exhaust kit to presumably tone down the drone.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Is that what you have? I know mitch is testing new resonates for that exhaust kit to presumably tone down the drone.
The cpe helmholtz is a little too small to attenuate the 106hz range that causes FiST owners trouble. The chamber hidden in the thermals rear muffler is spot on, but it's a perfect quarter wave instead of a helmholtz, so it attenuates the drone range very effectively while leaving everything else alone. With the CPE I think they're attenuating closer to 130hz based on guesstimates from photos, but I don't have exact measurements.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, I've had it on the car from BEFORE the Thermal was even available for our rides, otherwise i would have gone for that. [wink]
The other thing I do not like about it is the Helmholtz chamber gets in the way of some of the larger, aftermarket exhaust tips (like the Ultimate Racing 4" turn down I'm using currently), but all of the CP-E tip options fit just fine, of course.

Last edited:

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Yeah, I've had it on the car from BEFORE the Thermal was even available for our rides, otherwise i would have gone for that. [wink]
The other thing I do not like about it is the Helmholtz chamber gets in the way of some of the larger, aftermarket exhaust tips (like the Ultimate racing 4" turn down I'm using currently), but all of the CP-E tip options fit just fine, of course.
When I got mine even used there was only talk of a 3" adapter for the thermal. It's a lil bit droney but damn it sounds good lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Since Whoosh has not release any updates regarding the exhaust, in the incoming weeks I will get my Mountune Downpipe. Which exhaust should I get?
(Thermal is not an option for budget reasons)

Should I match with the FSWerks? Or FlowMaster?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Since Whoosh has not release any updates regarding the exhaust, in the incoming weeks I will get my Mountune Downpipe. Which exhaust should I get?

Save some money up....Buy the Thermal....buy once....cry once...enjoy for years to come

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Business6

I'm guessing the flowmaster is going to have drone based off of the design but I dunno, I think the FSwerks is a waste given that a resonator delete has about the same result

Spork1569

Why not a cheaper downpipe and put the rest towards an exhaust if you care about drone/sound? My understanding is you get what you pay for in turns of catback systems available for our car.

Plus at least here in the US the Mountune DP is almost as much as the catback(around $500) so if a cheaper option than Mountune is available, something to consider.

I for one would go with a cheaper DP like depo or whoosh and get a quality exhaust(Thermal, Mountune, Cobb, ect) than the small benefit a higher quality DP would bring.

I for one can't stand drone and would rather pay the premium for a good system, your ears will thank you.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I like Fswerks I have one. They are underrated in my opinion. I have installed three of their exhaust systems, and two of their upper strut bars quality has always been good. They have honest reviews on the website.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk