Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I already bought the Mountune DP with the discount code, in a few days will be in my country. I don’t know what to choose...2.5’ it is a must.... FSWERKS vs FlosMaster vs Whoosh CatBack, It used to be my options.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Since Whoosh has not release any updates regarding the exhaust, in the incoming weeks I will get my Mountune Downpipe. Which exhaust should I get?
(Thermal is not an option for budget reasons)

Should I match with the FSWerks? Or FlowMaster?
If you aren't getting a big turbo you don't need a downpipe, it won't add any power - just save the $$ and buy a good exhaust like the thermal.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I'm guessing the flowmaster is going to have drone based off of the design but I dunno, I think the FSwerks is a waste given that a resonator delete has about the same result
Yeah it doesn't do anything about the 106hz "fuzz" - even the stock exhaust with the resonator removed drones there but I don't think most people understand what "drone" is. That pressure-y feeling in your ears you get at 3100-3200rpm under load but don't quite hear? That's sound pressure, people, it's resonance, AKA drone.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Yeah it doesn't do anything about the 106hz "fuzz" - even the stock exhaust with the resonator removed drones there but I don't think most people understand what "drone" is. That pressure-y feeling in your ears you get at 3100-3200rpm under load but don't quite hear? That's sound pressure, people, it's resonance, AKA drone.
I have a fswerks race exhaust on my focus and it has drone big time, but it sounds fantastic. They make a stealth version that has a resonator. The fswerks exhaust on the ST I can't hear/ feel any drone. I'm sure it's there it's just not noticeable to me, but I don't have your knowledge of sound frequencies.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I already bought the Mountune DP with the discount code, in a few days will be in my country. I don’t know what to choose...2.5’ it is a must.... FSWERKS vs FlosMaster vs Whoosh CatBack, It used to be my options.
Get the DP, Thermal and the MRX. You’ll be glad you did! Ask me how I know [burnout]

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I have a fswerks race exhaust on my focus and it has drone big time, but it sounds fantastic. They make a stealth version that has a resonator. The fswerks exhaust on the ST I can't hear/ feel any drone. I'm sure it's there it's just not noticeable to me, but I don't have your knowledge of sound frequencies.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I have abnormally acute hearing so I’ve always been really interested in sound/noise control. I can hear most ac power adapters and can usually tell when one is going bad (an unstable squeal sound). It’s neat because I can isolate “abnormal” sounds, but it’s aggravating because I can’t “turn it off”, so I tend to wear earplugs very often, even if it’s just noise filters to tone things down by a few dB. When it comes to car exhaust, for example, the “moo” of the mbrp- it’s deafening to me, so I have a keen interest in curing it. All my learning and research has led to some really nifty sounding exhaust systems over the years, like one recently straight piped Ti exhaust for a friends RS5 that doesn’t drone inside at all. 3 different quarter wave resonators on that car, no mufflers, no drone :p (very expensive!) he got all the ti straight pipe done then couldn’t drive the car (painful inside), after the quarter waves you almost can’t tell he had exhaust until he hits the throttle :) loooots of room for exhaust under that car with the mufflers gone lol. I wish there was that much room under the FiST! My quarter wave tubes on the FiST have to coil up like a snake to fit.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club

CSM

1000 Post Club
Guys. Which exhaust hangers do you recommend to avoid any issues? And how many pieces?
I've got the Torque ones for my Thermal. Be warned they are shorter than OEM and I had to leave the rearmost OEM hanger in place to avoid bumper melting as the tips were touching the bumper with the torque one

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've got the Torque ones for my Thermal. Be warned they are shorter than OEM and I had to leave the rearmost OEM hanger in place to avoid bumper melting as the tips were touching the bumper with the torque one
Exactly what I wanted to hear!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Interesting...its always nice to have options! Never too late.....we are still waiting on whoosh's Exhaust release also